ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing venture capital firm with roughly 100 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of 500,000 investors, entrepreneurs, and community members. AVG is dedicated to growing and engaging with this inclusive community to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. In 2019, AVG was the third most active venture investor in the US.
Our headquarters in Manchester, NH provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Austin, TX. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective alumni communities to invest in a diversified portfolio of promising start-ups. Our key competitive advantage as an investor is the combined scale and connectivity of our vast network, which provides capital, sources deals, and assists our portfolio companies. AVG has successfully launched over 25 venture funds. We are private, for-profit, and not part of any school.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to AVG’s Technical Project Manager, the Marketing Automation Specialist / Marketing Application Support Specialist will deliver quality implementations in daily work and major projects. Success for the Marketing Automation Specialist will be achieved through the effective delivery of marketing campaigns and the achievement of objectives with variable success KPI’s as determined through collaborative engagement with business stakeholders and executive leadership.
This role is based in AVG’s Manchester, NH headquarters and does not require travel. Additionally, you will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate marketing technology products as an administrator, using HubSpot, WordPress and marketing analytics reporting tools
- Train and support marketing staff on using marketing technology products.
- Handle day to day help-desk Marketing Operations requests
- Integrate marketing technology products with each other
- Monitor data quality within marketing technology products.
- Key contributor of implementation of project requirements
- 2-5 years in marketing operations, project management or software applications role
- 2 years of CRM and Marketing Automation administration experience, HubSpot preferred
- Working experience with Marketing Analytics Reporting (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience training non-technical users on operating/using Marketing tech applications
- Experience working in a service hub environment using a ticketing system technology (Jira Service Desk preferred).
- Experience working with modular or plugin architectures to integrate a variety of Marketing tech applications.
- Experience troubleshooting CRM and Marketing Automation analytics and error logs to identify issues.
- Business analysis skills
- Experience interfacing with business stakeholders to pass business requirements to technical teams
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Strong working experience with HubSpot CRM and Marketing Automation usage.
- Working experience with WordPress CMS as a content admin
- Experience working with HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of BI tools for Reporting (DOMO preferred)
- Minor coding skills
- Experience with Drift, Calendly, Zapier
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.