ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
AVG’s purpose is to grow and engage with this inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. Fueled by a disruptive business model and an innovative solution for an underserved market, Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is growing rapidly, with roughly 100 employees working from locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, the Bay Area, Austin, and a headquarters in Manchester, NH.
AVG provides accredited investors with a smart simple way to own high-quality, professionally-managed venture portfolios. AVG offers dozens of distinct funds, including: 16 Alumni Funds that support the entrepreneurial ecosystems of the alumni of top universities nationwide; Focused Funds that offer specific investment themes broadly to accredited investors; and Syndication investment Funds in individual start-up companies, and more. We are private, for-profit, and not affiliated with any school. AVG is a fast-paced work environment with a dedicated approach to growth and innovation that is centered on regular change, experimentation, learning (from both failures and successes), iteration, and continuous improvement.
Currently AVG manages over $500 million AUM; has invested in over 500 portfolio companies on behalf of thousands of accredited investors; and supports a widespread, engaged community of more than 500,000 stakeholders that includes investors, entrepreneurs, subscribers and community members. AVG typically co-invests with established venture firms and does not lead investment rounds or take board seats. Last year, AVG was the third most-active venture investor in the US.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
AVG’s technology team is focused on leveraging best in class cloud technologies to facilitate the workstreams of a geographically diverse, and increasingly remote workforce. This individual will understand that, and will have a singular focus on leading a tech team which provides top-tier support to our internal groups.
The ideal candidate will know how to run a service hub organization and will have deep technical knowledge and team building experience. This role will be responsible for organizing a high volume ticket backlog supporting a wide range of SaaS tools including marketing automation, office productivity, and collaboration tools.
This individual will be adept at balancing day to day operations and possess the ability to oversee longer-duration technical projects. The target is a leader, who should be able to keep track of multiple business stakeholder requirements, manage expectations on deliverables and hit deadlines.
While the AVG team is currently working with remote flexibility, this individual will eventually be fully based in our Manchester, NH headquarters.
- Direct and coordinate a team of level 1 and 2 tech support specialists/help desk technicians
- Day-to-Day leadership on triaging and assigning problems/tasks to tech support specialists within published Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Directly handling Level 1 and Level 2 support for key AVG Proprietary and 3rd Party Applications and IT infrastructure.
- Escalating Level 3 issues to AVG Engineering for Proprietary applications or 3rd party services partners.
- Technical Project coordination-
- Responsible for tactical technical project management and scheduling technical resources to align with business stakeholder project objectives.
- Follow up with customers to gauge their satisfaction with problem resolution; identify tech support problem areas (i.e., negative trends) and, if warranted, implement corrective actions
- Ensure ongoing training for tech support staff; advise tech support staff on career planning; maintain and analyze training records
- Work closely with EVP of Tech on Complying with ensuring AVG Information Security Standards.
- Work closely with EVP of Tech on building and adhering to Tech Team Departmental budgeting.
- Unify our existing IT and Applications support functions into a cross functional team that can grow into a dynamic service bureau function to better respond to rapidly changing business stakeholder needs.
- Ensure that AVG’s technical support function is built to support in-office and remote team postures.
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
Education and Professional Experience
- 3-5+ years working in large workflow intensive technical operations (Digital Marketing, IT organization (Saas / Cloud focus)
- Experience managing day to day and longer term IT projects
- Demonstrated success in a role with direct responsibility for Level 1 and Level 2 support
- Undergraduate degree in related field
Ideal Software Related Experience
Experience directly supporting the following software applications is desirable:
- Jira Help Desk
- Microsoft Office
- Okta SSO / Directory
- Hubspot CRM
- BI Tools (DOMO, Tableau)
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.