As Alumni Ventures Group continues to grow and develop our business and the critical functions that support our success, we are adding an Accounts Payable Specialist to our Corporate Finance organization. The AP Specialist will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will own and execute the expense and payables process for AVG. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be a part of AVG's dynamic and collaborative Corporate Finance and Accounting function and will interact with colleagues across the business as well as with key external stakeholders.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing venture capital firm with roughly 100 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of 500,000 investors, entrepreneurs, and community members. AVG is dedicated to growing and engaging with this inclusive community to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. In 2019, AVG was the third most active venture investor in the US.
Our headquarters in Manchester, NH provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Austin, TX. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective alumni communities to invest in a diversified portfolio of promising start-ups. Our key competitive advantage as an investor is the combined scale and connectivity of our vast network, which provides capital, sources deals, and assists our portfolio companies. AVG has successfully launched over 25 venture funds. We are private, for-profit, and not part of any school.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to appropriate account and cost center by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Updating client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Processes employee reimbursements through review of third-party expense system management system submissions, verifying expense reports and preparing submissions for department approval
- Prepare journal entries for expense reimbursement process
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- BA degree, accounting, economics or finance desirable
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable preferred
- Ability to use Excel and Word, familiarity with accounting systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid parental leave
- 401K Retirement plan
- Unlimited Time Off
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.