Alumni Ventures Group is searching for an Investor Relations Associate who will serve a critical role supporting the work of our investor engagement and fundraising teams for our Venture funds, through clerical & ministerial work that is organized & delivered with excellence. Leveraging AVG’s playbooks, the Investor Relations Associate will partner with our Managing Partners and Senior Partners (Partners) to assist AVG investors.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with roughly 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own high-quality, actively-managed venture portfolios. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 subscribers and community members across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park and Austin.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-investor approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-managed venture capital portfolios. These portfolios are carefully diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with strong VC firms across the country. To optimize our investment professionals' time and ensure that AVG’s fundraising and investor engagement teams have the support they need, our Investor Relations professionals provide administrative support, including community member and investor service support, to our Managing Partners during a fund’s annual capital raise and on an ongoing basis.
Successful Investor Relations Associates draw on a background in customer facing roles with a B2C organization to support our Partners in their objectives. This role does not solicit investments, and is not compensated based on fundraising metrics or success.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as the day to day clerical point of contact for new and current investors – helping AVG provide informational or educational AVG product materials and guidance on AVG customer service and investor onboarding processes
- Engage with community members interested in connecting with a Partner to learn about AVG fund offerings – coordinate phone calls, in person meetings, and Zoom calls
- Build and enhance relationships with our community members and investors by engaging via chat and email to support their administrative or clerical needs, or to connect them with AVG resources to answer their questions.
- Provide community members and investors with relevant, pre-approved product, process, and company information, based on investor requests.
- Support Partners in preparation and execution of in-person meetings and webinar events.
- Provide Partners and General Manager regular data, updates, and guidance on investor engagement, new investor onboarding, and individually assigned strategic projects.
- Track data and produce reports to support the work of General Managers, Managing Partners, and Senior Partners in their work.
- Look for strategic opportunities to streamline processes and procedures providing for more efficient and timely execution of team activities.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in strategic client engagement, specifically within the financial services industry, and will have demonstrated the ability to both execute and further develop processes to deliver on objectives as a part of a larger team.
Reporting to a General Manager within AVG’s Community organization, Investor Relations Associates collaborate with peers and work closely with teammates across our corporate and investment functions. While the AVG team is currently working with remote flexibility, the Investor Relations Associate will eventually be based in one of AVG’s offices (Manchester, NH, Boston, New York).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid parental leave
- 401K Retirement plan
- Unlimited Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Highly organized
- Proficient with data & reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the venture capital and/or startup industry
- Process orientation; willingness and ability to both follow process and also identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements
- Strategic relationship building and management
- Able to engage and relate to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong sense of urgency around advancing process and supporting team members in reaching their goals
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
- 1-3 years in a service or support oriented customer-facing role, ideally in financial services and interacting with sales professionals and/or HNW or UNHW individuals
- Proven ability to engage with a wide spectrum of people over several types of communication (email, phone, text, chat) with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success supporting teams in achieving or exceeding on objectives through the effective engagement with clients,
- Very high EQ and empathy for prospects and clients, demonstrated by a drive to solve customer problems, answer customer questions by connecting them with AVG fundraising professionals or informational materials.
- Strong judgement, ability to interpret and uncover challenges, anticipate client needs and professionally identify information and solutions
- Experience building, evaluating and improving the processes used by customer-facing sales and/or fundraising professionals.
- Expertise in HubSpot’s CRM (or equivalent) and marketing tools and experience using software to track multiple projects and progress is a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get stuff done and communicate big picture
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to get along with a variety of personalities
- Analytical, with passion for intelligently measuring and assessing results; knowledge of Excel, data organization, pivot tables
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 Months)
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Investor Relations Associate will develop relationships with investors, gain understanding of their needs, provide support, and assist AVG’s Senior Partners & Managing Partners as they help current and prospective investors in learning about AVG, our Funds and products.
Responsibilities in include, but are not limited to:
- Provide clerical & administrative support to clients and/or prospective clients during their investment process and on an ongoing basis.
- Strategically assist AVG’s Senior Partners and Managing Partners through identifying, engaging with, and obtaining factual information from new inbound leads and inquiries from existing AVG community members
- Build strong relationships with community members and investors and be their point of contact for connecting them with the right people or resources to answer their follow up questions
- Track all activity in HubSpot and leverage additional technology systems to communicate with team members across the organization
- Conduct top of the funnel (pre-Partner call) research and schedule calls for our fundraising team of Senior Partners and Managing Partners
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each Fund’s middle of the funnel prospects
- Work directly with the General Manager and the Managing Partners of your Funds to facilitate post-call follow up and support Senior Partners & Managing Partners in their ongoing engagement with prospective investors
- Execute the administrative work supporting the investor on-boarding process and ongoing investor support.
- Facilitate weekly pipeline review meetings with your GM and Managing Partner.
- Work on special projects to identify AVG community members who may be more qualified prospective investors than others, and connect them with AVG’s Senior Partners & Managing Partners, or other AVG resources.
- Support a variety of marketing and fundraising projects, programs, and initiatives by taking on significant responsibility that is administrative and non-investor-facing in nature, and are designed to help AVG’s Senior Partners, Managing Partners, and General Managers as they seek to increase leads and investments.
- Help to oversee execution of a playbook of best practices and processes for identifying, engaging and administratively supporting the work of Managing Partners & Senior Partners in converting professional wealth managers & investment advisers into AVG clients
- Forecast and report fundraising activity and metrics on behalf of Managing Partners & Senior Partners
- Collaborate with other departments to deliver good customer experience and engagement
- Administrative point of contact for Schedule K-1s and Exit Events
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture and team, role modeling AVG values and working consistently toward AVG’s “North Stars”
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our investors and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.