DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization with roughly 100 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of 500,000 investors, entrepreneurs, and community members. AVG is dedicated to growing and engaging with this inclusive community to disrupt the status quo and build a better future. In 2019, AVG was the third most active venture investor in the US.
Our headquarters in Manchester, NH provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Austin, TX. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective alumni communities to invest in a diversified portfolio of promising start-ups. Our key competitive advantage as an investor is the combined scale and connectivity of our vast network, which provides capital, sources deals, and assists our portfolio companies. AVG has successfully launched over 25 venture funds. We are private, for-profit, and not part of any school.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers direct-to-client venture capital investing to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-managed venture capital portfolios. These portfolios are carefully diversified across stage, sector, and geography, and primarily co-invested with strong VC firms across the country. The role of marketing at AVG is to generate new retail investors for our dozens of venture capital funds. Our digitally-led marketing strategy is a mix of B2C and B2B disciplines, including advertising, social media, lead generation, web, email marketing, lead nurture, and more.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing manager will collaborate with the Director to create and manage dozens of digital advertising campaigns per month across LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Ads, and other potential platforms (for example, streaming and podcast). A successful Digital Marketing Manager will possess expert knowledge of these digital ad platforms, campaign creation, bidding strategies, targeting, ad formats, and analytics; be proficient at building high-converting lead generation campaigns; have significant experience with drag-and-drop landing page builders; and demonstrate proficiency in writing target-inspired ad copy.
Digital Marketing Manager, is based out of AVG’s Manchester, NH headquarters and is a critical member of the Growth Marketing Team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the creation and management of direct-response, performance-focused digital advertising campaigns, specifically within the financial services industry or other high-end B2C.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid parental leave
- 401K Retirement plan
- Unlimited Time Off
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 Months)
Under the direction of the Director of Digital Marketing and the EVP of Community Growth Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager will develop engaging digital advertising campaigns across LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google, along with campaign landing pages to efficiently generate high quality leads for multiple lines of business. The Digital Marketing Manager’s success will be measured by:
- Lead generation (number of leads generated) and delivering on established targets
- Advertising efficiency (cost per lead generated)
- Lead quality (% of leads that meet certain criteria)
- Landing page conversion rate (signups as a $ of total traffic)
- Managing ad spend at or below established budgets without errors
Daily Responsibilities in include, but are not limited to:
- Create, manage, and optimize dozens of digital advertising campaigns per month with a high degree of autonomy.
- Deliver on monthly targets for lead generation.
- Build and develop content for campaign landing pages that convert traffic to leads by capturing email addresses and additional sign-up information.
- Analyze campaign performance data via ad platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google) and AVG’s CRM system (HubSpot).
- Report monthly campaign performance to the Director of Digital Marketing and EVP of Marketing
- Bring new ideas to improve lead generation efficiency via advertising.
- Independently manage ad campaign spending within allotted budget.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage dozens of campaigns simultaneously and without error.
- Highly proficient creating and optimizing campaigns, including creative, bidding, targeting in LinkedIn Ads Manager and Facebook Business Manager.
- Analysis and reporting on ad campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience building successful, high-converting campaign landing pages.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities, with specific demonstrated experience writing digital ad copy.
- Strong orientation towards audience understanding and user insights and using both to inform campaign design.
- Building campaign tracking links and using those tracking links to analyze and report on campaign performance.
- Demonstrated interest in marketing financial services or high-end goods and services.
- Strong budget management skills.
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
- A minimum of five years (combined) managing digital advertising campaigns on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google
- Will have deep knowledge of digital advertising platforms and web page builders
- 3+ years writing high-performing digital ad copy
- Experience with WordPress and HubSpot marketing tools, or equivalent
- 3+ years marketing in the financial services industry or high-end consumer goods and services
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to get along with a variety of personalities
- Proficiency with graphic design tools, including Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Analytical, with passion for intelligently measuring and assessing results and improving
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.