IT SPECIALIST | HELP DESK - LEVEL 1
Alumni Ventures Group is searching for an IT Specialist who will contribute to the creation, development and management of the technical resources, processes, and priorities that support the efficient and effective use of software, technology, and other tools, aligned with and supporting the goals and needs of AVG’s business operations. The IT Specialist will provide Level 1 support for technical issues and will manage the escalation of level 2 and 3 issues by facilitating communications between level 2 and 3 resources and impacted users.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with around 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with a smart, simple way to own a high-quality, actively managed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-client approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively managed VC portfolios. These portfolios are diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with established VC firms across the country. The IT Specialist will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. This role is also responsible for the effective “training” of users of the systems to ensure appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
Success for the IT Specialist will be achieved through the development and maintenance of updated and efficient computer systems that enhance AVG’s overall capabilities. This position is based in AVG’s Manchester, NH headquarters. You will report to AVG’s Executive Vice President of Technology and will work closely with the IT and Engineering teams, as well as across all business units at AVG to deliver exceptional service and support to a variety of stakeholders.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
Paid parental leave
401K Retirement plan
Unlimited Time Off
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong working relationships across AVG business units established, resulting in the efficient and effective alignment and support of technical resources across the company.
- Well-developed processes for requesting and receiving IT support and for escalating technical requests and inquires are in place and executed regularly
- Consistently high internal rating of IT support
- Under the direction of the EVP and Technology, serve as a positive representative of the AVG Technology team, contributing to strategic, organizational, and management discussions and helping convey mission, values, and priorities to staff as related to technology use and initiatives
- Document/resolve issues in our ticketing system
- Respond to, research and effectively resolve Level 1 technical inquiries
- Manage the escalation of level 2 and 3 issues and facilitate communications between level 2/3 resources and impacted users.
- Be an active participant in the improvement process as it relates to our approach, process, products, and services for our AVG IT end-users.
- Maintain company-wide computer/equipment inventory list
- Execute new hire computer setup and new hire IT Orientation
- Create/manage user accounts as directed
- Research and Document items for various equipment/projects
- Purchase and manage inventory of routine IT equipment/supplies
- Develop and implement a ‘self-help’ Support knowledge base for IT
- 5+ years of IT/technical support experience
- Prior experience supporting a startup and/or remote client base is desirable
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field required
- Technical proficiency and strong working knowledge of a variety of computer hardware and software programs
- Strong time-management skills resulting in an ability to deliver quality work on or before tight deadlines
- Power user experience or experience directly supporting the following software applications:
- Jira Help Desk
- Microsoft Office
- Okta SSO / Directory
- Hubspot CRM
- Customer service oriented, with a “solutions” mindset in order to deliver on opportunities and address challenges for clients
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Positive, can-do attitude, with a drive to problem-solve and execute
- Able to take direction and act autonomously but willing to seek clarification and question when appropriate
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.