SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
Alumni Ventures Group is seeking a Software QA Engineer who will lead the front-end and back-end testing of web and mobile applications (iOS & Android) within our Agile development team. Testing will involve a combination of both automated and manual coverage. The Software QA Engineer will work closely with both internal staff members as well as with the off-site Development Team to understand the technical details of the applications.
The Software QA Engineer will serve as an active member of our Agile team, partnering with Software Developers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to identify the components of the system to be automated.
- Participate fully in the SDLC process.
- Develop and maintain test plans and test scripts
- Hands-on execution of daily product testing, defect tracking, and resolution progress reporting
- Documentation of defects to facilitate the recreation of issues by the development team
- Participation in bug triage and release processes
- Provide input on project timelines, tasks, levels of effort, durations, testing risks, and dependencies
- Conduct testing post-mortems to define and document lessons learned and translate them into improvements to the quality management system framework
- Identify, seek support for and execute opportunities for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- ~8 years of relevant experience in software development
- Experience working successfully in an Agile software development environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal team members
- Great “team player” attitude balanced with willingness to serve as a solo project manager
- Capable of managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, a solutions oriented problem-solver
- Flexibility and adaptability, a fast learner who is able to both apply and adopt skills readily
- Collaborative team player who is willing and able to help get the job done and is capable of growing as the job and company needs
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with over 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with the opportunity to own a high-quality, actively managed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our investment teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park and Austin.