SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Alumni Ventures Group is searching for a Senior Staff Accountant who will serve as a key member of the Corporate Finance team, working closely with the VP of Corporate Finance to execute on all Corporate Finance required filings on time with high accuracy.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with over 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with the smartest, simplest way to own a high-quality, actively-indexed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park, and Austin.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-client approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-indexed VC portfolios. These portfolios are diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with top-quartile VC firms across the country. AVG’s Core Funds engage alumni of top colleges and universities to invest in these portfolios on an annual basis.
Success for the Senior Staff Accountant will be achieved by the successful execution of the year-end audit, timely submission of regulatory filings and tax preparation of K-1s. In addition, the Senior Staff Accountant will take the lead on the successful implementation of major projects for the Corporate Finance Department, including managing the implementation of a new platform for our equity holders.
AVG’s Senior Staff Accountant will complete their work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Strong organizational and prioritization skills, as well as a sense of urgency in completing assignments, is key. The Senior Staff Accountant will implement strong accounting processes provide exceptional support to AVG departments. This person will serve as a role model and mentor to others in the Corporate Finance Department and requires a high level of autonomy and maturity. This is a full-time position located in AVG’s Manchester office.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
Paid parental leave
401K Retirement plan
Unlimited Time Off
- Driven, with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strong verbal communicator and an excellent listener
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter who takes initiative and readily advances work
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player
- Strong desire to mentor and guide junior-level accountants
- A very strong bias towards process improvement and driving positive change
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred but not required
- 5-8 years of accounting experience
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Strong Excel modeling skills
- Highly detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to meet strict and frequent deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, strong knowledge of QuickBooks and Paylocity
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment, works well under pressure
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 Months)
Under the direction of the Vice President, Head of Corporate Finance, Staff Accountant will successfully oversee date to date accounting operations indicated by the following outcomes:
- Successful weekly review of Accounts Payable runs and continuous improvements of the A/P process
- Timely and successful implementation of Equity Ownership Platform: Shareworks
- Strong ownership of major parts of the month-end close (revenue, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, etc.) and departmental spend process
- Timely completion of all year-end filings (Form 5500, 1099s, etc.)
- Become the superuser of Abacus and Shareworks
Responsibilities in achieving the above outcomes include, but are not limited to:
- Post and process journal entries
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Assist with preparation of financial audit and other internal/external financial reporting requirements
- Maintain familiarity with GAAP standards, FASB standards, Tax regulations
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Improve systems and procedures
- Own and manage the implementation of the Cap Table Platform
- Primarily responsible for the Debt/Equity Section of the Balance Sheet with various moving parts
- Review weekly AP runs and provide guidance to the staff accountant
- Review reimbursement runs created by the staff accountant and provides guidance and timely feedback
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture and team, role modeling AVG values and working consistently toward North Stars
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.