VENTURE FELLOW PROGRAM MANAGER
Alumni Ventures Group is searching for a Venture Fellow Program Manager who will serve as a key member of the Venture Fellow Program team, working closely with the Director to lead recruiting, selection and management of the program.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with over 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with the smartest, simplest way to own a high-quality, actively-indexed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park, and Austin.
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-client approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-indexed VC portfolios. These portfolios are diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with top-quartile VC firms across the country. AVG’s Core Funds engage alumni of top colleges and universities to invest in these portfolios on an annual basis.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Venture Fellow Program is the nation’s best on-ramp to VC. The program offers access to the skills, network, and experience necessary to help get into the venture capital industry. Fellows help support one or more funds with fundraising and investing. In exchange, the fellow program provides structure, management, education, and guidance to help them learn VC and get into the business. The Program Manager is an integral part of the Venture Fellow Program. Success for the Program Manager is to effectively and efficiently oversee the recruitment and admissions process for the program, and manage the day to day administrative operations, maintaining a high level of quality, structure, and support for the over 150+ fellows currently in the program. The ideal candidate will embody the Venture Fellow Program’s mission and will be eager to contribute to a diverse group of fellows’ learning, growth, and career development.
This is a full-time position that will be located in Manchester, NH with travel to Boston, MA. You will report directly to the Program Director of the Venture Fellow Program. You will be a salaried employee of AVG, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly fast-paced and collaborative environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
Paid parental leave
401K Retirement plan
Unlimited Time Off
- Strong focus on implementing & improving processes. Understands the value of being superbly organized. Desire and ability to measure the important KPIs & implement learnings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook and high energy. Understands that team success outweighs individual glory.
- Ready to dive in and deliver strategic, creative, and practical leadership. Wants to experience the growth that comes with tackling a new, complicated problem.
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart to hit deadlines. Always tries their hardest.
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all bellow.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in Career Services, Admissions, Professional Development or Fellowship programs, Recruiting/HR or similar field
- Experience in program operations and coordinating complex projects and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and multitasking abilities
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Connection to or affiliation with one of AVG’s alumni school affiliations is preferable.
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 month)
Under the direction of the Venture Fellow Program Director, the Venture Fellow Program Manager will oversee the recruiting of Fellows process and assist in the overall management of the program indicated by the following outcomes:
- Meet established recruitment and admission targets for fellow program, and adjust as needed per changing demands of the program.
- Execute the orientation, advancement, and graduation of 150 fellows yearly, improving systems and problem-solving.
Responsibilities in achieving the above outcomes include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and take responsibility for the administration of the Venture Fellow program.
- Manage, coordinate, and execute processes for application generation, recruitment, interviewing, and admissions of fellows.
- Collaborate with Program Director and Digital Community Development team regularly on program communications, program content, and more.
- Manage fellow program email inbox, responding to inquiries from prospective fellows and current fellows.
- Be involved in strategic initiatives of the Venture Fellow Program and proactively suggest ways to iterate and improve the program.
- Communicate and engage with multiple stakeholders at AVG, including fund teams, Office of Investments, and others.
- Perform additional administrative and operations duties as needed.
- Contribute positively to AVG's culture
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.