INVESTOR RELATIONS MANAGER
Alumni Ventures Group is searching for an Investor Relations Manager who will serve a critical role in fundraising for two of our annual Venture funds. Leveraging AVG’s Sales and Marketing playbooks, the Investor Relations Manager will attract, engage and support clients, partnering with each fund’s Managing Partners through the annual fundraising cycle.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing company with over 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with the smartest, simplest way to own a high-quality, actively-indexed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park and Austin.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-client approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-indexed VC portfolios. These portfolios are carefully diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with top-quartile VC firms across the country. To optimize our investment professionals time and AVG’s overall fundraising capacity, our Investor Relations Managers provide centralized support for the Sales and Marketing processes that deliver each fund’s annual capital raise.
Successful Investor Relations Managers draw on a background in customer facing roles with a B2C organization to facilitate AVG’s fundraising process to deliver on fundraising objectives, attract new clients, drive retention and return a high rate of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in client engagement, specifically within the financial services industry, and will have demonstrated the ability to both execute and further develop a sales process to deliver on objectives as a part of a larger team. Reporting to a General Manager within AVG’s Community organization, Investor Relations Managers collaborate with peers and work closely with teammates across our corporate and investing functions. The Investor Relations Manager will be based in AVG’s Manchester, NH headquarters.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
Paid parental leave
401K Retirement plan
Unlimited Time Off
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in the venture capital and/or startup industry
- Process orientation; willingness and ability to both follow process and also identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements
- Relationship building and management
- Exceptional judgment and independent decision making
- Able to engage and relate to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong sense of urgency around advancing process and reaching goals
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
- A minimum of three years in a sales and/or customer-facing role, ideally in financial services and interacting with HNW or UNHW individuals
- Proven ability to engage with a wide spectrum of people over several types of communication (email, phone, text, chat)
- Demonstrated success achieving or surpassing sales goals through the effective management of a large pipeline of B2C clients, supported by strong feeling of ownership over your sales pipeline
- Very high EQ and empathy for prospects and clients, demonstrated by a drive to solve customer problems, answer customer questions and ultimately advance prospects along a sales process
- Strong judgement, interpret and uncover challenges, anticipate client needs and proactively and professionally provide information and solutions
- Experience building, evaluating and improving sales processes and capabilities
- Expertise in HubSpot’s CRM (or equivalent) and marketing tools and experience using software to track multiple projects and progress
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get stuff done and communicate big picture
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to get along with a variety of personalities
- Analytical, with passion for intelligently measuring and assessing results; knowledge of Excel, data organization, pivot tables
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 Months)
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Investor Relations Manager will develop relationships with clients, gain understanding of their needs, provide support, and assist clients in learning about AVG, our Funds and products.
Responsibilities in include, but are not limited to:
- Respond, engage, and qualify new inbound leads and inquiries from existing AVG community members
- Build strong relationships with prospective clients and be their point of contact for follow up questions
- Track all activity in HubSpot and leverage additional technology systems to communicate with team members across the organization
- Conduct top of the funnel (pre-sales call) and schedule calls for our fundraising team of Senior Partners and Managing Partners
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each Fund’s middle of the funnel prospects
- Work directly with the General Manager and the Managing Partners of your funds to facilitate post-call follow up and ongoing engagement with prospective clients
- Execute the client investment on-boarding process
- Run weekly pipeline review meetings with your GM and Managing Partner reviewing every prospect’s status
- Work on special projects to identify AVG community members who may be warmer leads than others, and engage then directly 1x1
- Manage a variety of marketing and fundraising projects, programs, and initiatives to increase leads, closes, and re-ups
- Help to draft oversee execution of a playbook of best practices and processes for identifying, engaging and converting professional wealth managers & investment advisers into AVG clients
- Forecast and report fundraising activity and metrics
- Collaborate with other departments to deliver good customer experience and engagement
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture and team, role modeling AVG values and working consistently toward North Stars
Alumni Ventures Group is an equal opportunity employer and our team is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce through fair and equitable Talent and people management practices. We consider applicants for all positions given the needs of our business and the relevant team, and the skills, experience and competencies each candidate brings. If you are excited about the work AVG is doing and believe your skills, experience and competencies can create impact for our team, our Limited Partners and our portfolio companies, we encourage you to apply. Your candidacy will be considered based on your ability to add value, regardless of your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.