Director of Nurture Marketing
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization with 100 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of over 400,000 entrepreneurs, investors, and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our smart, simple product offerings, bringing smart, simple venture capital portfolios to the 13 million accredited American investors who don’t have venture portfolios. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, Manchester, NH, NYC, Chicago, SF and Austin, TX. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective communities to invest in diverse, promising startups and growing businesses. Our key competitive advantage as an investor is the combined scale and connectivity of our vast network, our Connected Capital, which provides capital, sources deals and adds unique value for our portfolio companies. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds to date and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for-profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG looks forward, we seek to grow and create value—with the goal of eventually becoming the most valuable venture capital firm in the world. To that end, we are seeking a full-time Director of Nurture Marketing to join our Growth Marketing team. We have a unique challenge - marketing a new-to-the-market B2C product that has a moderate to long sales cycle (30 days to 2 years) and a complex user journey. We are seeking a talented, experienced marketer who is well versed in user journey mapping, consumer insights, persona development, nurture marketing, content development, and the marketing automation and operations required to successfully execute complex and dynamic nurture marketing programs.
Our product appeals to millions of prospects who sign up to learn more. Succes for the Director of Nurture Marketing is to move 3x more prospects down the sales funnel to the point of direct engagement with our sales team and/or investor relations. This will be achieved through the design and implementation of prospect onboarding experiences, personalized user journeys, and activation of our existing community of 400,000 followers. This is a full-time position based in our Manchester, NH office. You will be a salaried employee of AVG, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 6-8 years of marketing experience, with a focus on products or services with a complex sales cycle (B2C or B2B) and, ideally: 3 -5 years of experience in a relevant Marketing or Sales Operations role
- 4+ years of experience working hands-on with CRM and CMS systems, including the ability to design and implement marketing automation workflows
- Experience designing, managing, and optimizing lead nurture campaigns, including identifying meaningful demographic data and intent signals, lead scoring, audience segmentation and persona development, lifecycle identification, and content mapping
- Strong, demonstrated analytical ability, including generating and analyzing data from CRM and CMS platforms to drive program optimization
- Must be a highly entrepreneurial self-starter and multi-tasker who thrives in fast-paced work culture.
- Highly collaborative, cross-functional teammate
- Experience with market research, survey development, or consumer insights
- Strong experience using marketing automation tools, preferably HubSpot
- Email marketing content creation, automation, and analytics
- Deep understanding of lead-to-revenue demand funnels and reporting
- Digital marketing analytics, including campaign creation, tracking and tagging, and attribution
- Excellent communication skills, structured thinking, detailed planning, and superb attention to detail
- Improve funnel yield by accelerating lead identification and increasing the conversion rate from lead generation to sales calls
- Create and manage multi-channel nurture streams that progress leads through various sales stages of the buyer's life cycle from awareness to closed investment, including:
- Own and optimize the lead on-boarding experience
- Develop deep, progressive, and engaging nurture programs utilizing and/or repurposing content from all parts of the organization
- Develop multiple nurture tracks that map to various buyer personas and lifecycle stages (pre-lead, lead/opportunity acceleration, and cold lead/opportunity re-activation), and build personalized dynamic content based on the user profile
- Design, implement, and document marketing automation for lead-nurturing processes
- Own critical contact data models and workflows, including lifecycle stages, personas, lead scoring, and product line matching/mapping
- Develop and maintain nurture reporting methodology, reports, and dashboards, including performance metrics for nurture tracks and KPIs for overall program performance
- Contribute positively to AVG's culture