Fund Accounting Associate
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, organization with over 90 employees across the country and an exceptional, engaged community of over 350K entrepreneurs, investors, and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our alumni and focused funds, offering individual, accredited investors access to VC. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from the communities of each of our funds to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past five years and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability and our expanding our Fund Accounting team. To that end, we are seeking an financial professional with Fund Accounting skills to join our Manchester, NH based Finance team. This role reports to the Sr. Fund Accountant and is a full-time position with a salary and comprehensive benefits package. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- BS/BA required
- Strong communication (written and verbal) abilities
- Analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 1-2 years of prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to venture, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Work in fund management
- Experience designing and implementing processes around the budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Ability to juggle and multi-task across one-offs and larger, long-term projects
- High Proficiency in MS Office Products, especially excel
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prevent and catch errors
- High energy, self-starter, but a great team player
- A high level of poise and professionalism
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart
- Strong interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook
- A superb listener
- Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counter-parties and investors
- Assist with semi-annual reporting to Limited Partners, including portfolio company valuations, advisory board reporting package, limited partner capital account allocations, distribution waterfall, and annual audit
- Gather, manage, and maintain relevant investment documentation
- Assist in maintaining AVG's database on fund and portfolio company activity, including cash flows, transaction multiples, co-investment, etc.
- Monthly reconciliations between Funds’ Investor databases, Investment databases, and cash accounts.
- Assist with compliance related projects and regulatory filings
- Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
- Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture