Email Operations Manager | Alumni Ventures Group
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization with over 90 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of over 350K entrepreneurs, investors and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our smart, simple product offerings: alumni and focused funds that provide individual, accredited investors access to venture investing. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective communities select promising start-ups and growing businesses to develop a diverse portfolio. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds to date and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG looks forward, we seek to grow and create value – with the goal of eventually becoming the most valuable venture capital firm in the world. To that end, we're seeking an experienced marketing professional with strong analytical and reporting skills who will help AVG’s Community team achieve campaign goals and greater marketing objectives, leveraging their skills and knowledge to evaluate existing email marketing processes and practice smart experimentation in developing new and improved processes.
This is a full-time position based in our southern NH headquarters. You will report to and work closely with AVG’s Chief Community Officer across the sales and marketing functions. The successful Email Operations Manager will increase AVG’s efficiency in achieving marketing objectives through the development and implementation of a strong email marketing strategy and improvement of enhanced email marketing processes. This is a salaried position, with a comprehensive benefits package, and some travel as required to fulfill your responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of online, digital, and email marketing operations experience
- 2-3 years of experience evaluating, analyzing and recommending on email marketing process improvement
- 1+ years of experience working in HubSpot, including addressing email deliverability through HubSpot sending systems
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Experience working in a dynamic, innovative, and fast-paced environment, specific experience in the growing marketing function of a start-up and/or financial services organization is preferred
- A “builder” mentality, representing a comfort level with creating process and best practice without precedent
- Strong process orientation, experience and capabilities
- Experienced at creating, running, and evolving smooth-running systems
- High EQ
- Strong writer and verbal communicator, excellent listener
- Self-starter and independent manager, but strong teamwork orientation and the ability to get along with a variety of personalities including the ability to work with strong and often difficult personalities
- Analytical, with passion for intelligently measuring and assessing results
- Ability to think outside the box, being creative and innovative in your approach
- Review existing email production and sending processes, develop a strong working knowledge of all proprietary marketing platforms
- Organize and execute email marketing tests and audits to uncover additional opportunities for improvement (subject line, design, etc...)
- Design and execute plan to ensure maximum email deliverability across the organization, communicate and educate relevant stakeholders on this initiative
- Organize email marketing analytics across the organization and provide actionable recommendations to address results such as; open rates, CTRs, impact on fundraising activities, etc.
- Build and distribute regular email program communications that reflect campaign performance, testing results and issues
- Build the infrastructure for longitudinal email testing tracking and analysis, implement and manage testing programs