Director of MarTech and Lead Generation
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, organization with over 90 employees across the country and an exceptional, engaged community of over 350K entrepreneurs, investors and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our alumni and focused funds, offering individual, accredited investors access to VC. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from the communities of each of our funds to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past five years and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability and our expanding our Marketing (Community Growth) team. We are seeking aDirector of Martech and Lead Generation (Digital Community Development) who will lead critical digital marketing operations and our overall Martech Strategy and tool management for our non-advertising lead generation and remarketing channels. This person is a critical member of the marketing department, and works closely with AVG’s Engineering team to manage several proprietary Martech tools, and partners with other members of AVG’s Sales and Marketing functions, including our Venture Fellow Program. Success for theDirector of Martech and Lead Generation (Digital Community Development)will be reflected in streamlined Martech strategy and tool management, delivering on community growth and lead acquisition goals with improved efficiency. This role reports to AVG’s EVP of Community Growth.
This is a full-time position located in AVG’s Manchester, NH, headquarters with little to no travel required. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing with a concentration in analytics or technology, Product Management or Computer Science; or a relevant combination of undergraduate and graduate education and experience combining Marketing and Technology
- 8-10 years of experience in digital marketing or technology with specific experience in marketing technology and, ideally, developing roadmaps and managing tools to support the Sales and Marketing functions
- At least two years of experience in a startup and/or high-growth environment with exposure to rapid rates of change
- Experience working simultaneously on multiple projects and managing a high-volume of investment opportunities and entrepreneur relationships
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Demonstrated experience effectively building and managing Martech, including both propriety and off-the-shelf tools
- Well versed in email marketing and/or social media marketing
- Has successfully managed a cross-functional team as part of a start-up organization and/or has led multiple new projects or built initiatives from the ground up
- Exceptional teammate with the ability to learn and adjust to a variety of interests across multiple departments and disparate stakeholders
- Knowledge of reporting and analytics and experience implementing and leveraging related processes to improve process
- Communication skills:
- Can communicate effectively and simultaneously with multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Leverages a professional and direct communication style to engage partners, escalate issues/name concerns early and share critical information across departments
- Clear and professional in written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with CRM systems (HubSpot ideal), email marketing tools, social media tools, Google Analytics, and business intelligence tools (Domo, Tableau, etc)
- Manage the Martech strategy and tools for all non-advertising lead generation and remarketing channels:
- Serve as the marketing leader working hand-in-hand with Engineering/IT for all of the technologies that support Digital Community Development and to define marketing technology requirements and the Martech roadmap
- Manage AVG’s proprietary and off-the-shelf Martech tools
- Oversee effective analytics, reporting, tool optimization
- Collaborate directly with the EVP of Community Growth (Marketing) and other stakeholders to design custom Digital Community Development plans for each of AVG funds.
- Develop, implement and oversee marketing plans for new fund/product launches and re-launches
- Produce reports and prepare and share dashboards to communicate performance results and syndicate data between martech tools and demonstrate meaningful trends and insights to stakeholders
- Analyze and troubleshoot lead generation workflows such as: signup and call-booking and ensure effective lead capturing
Alumni Ventures Group (AVGfunds.com), is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that builds and manages alumni venture capital. We pride ourselves on making a key asset class accessible to investors who were previously shut out of venture capital—and our rapid growth attests that we are addressing a real pain point for alumni investors. Our Manchester, NH, headquarters provides back office support (e.g., IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) and other shared resources to all our funds, located throughout the country. Unlike most VC funds that raise money from a handful of institutions, our funds raise money in smaller amounts from a large group of alumni. Our deal teams then invest in a diverse portfolio of rapidly growing private companies connected to alumni entrepreneurs of the same school. We don’t lead deals, but rather co-invest alongside top firms such as Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, Benchmark, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer, NEA, and others. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.