Talent Manager, Recruiting
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, organization with over 90 employees across the country and an exceptional, engaged community of over 300K entrepreneurs, investors and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our alumni and focused funds, offering individual, accredited investors access to VC. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from the communities of each of our funds to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past five years and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability, including our People Team. Our Talent Manager, Recruiting will work to further enhance AVG’s Talent Acquisition capabilities with a specific focus on sourcing, interview process management and on-boarding coordination. As the Talent Manager, you will report to AVG’s Director of People, while working closely with the entire People Team and hiring managers across AVG’s fund teams and support functions. Success in your role will result in improved recruitment process compliance, decreased average time to hire, and streamlined on-boarding planning and coordination. Additionally, you will work across AVG’s People team to drive high-level measurables in HR that support AVG’s business strategy and objectives.
This is a full-time position located in AVG’s Manchester, NH, headquarters with little to no travel required. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Draft, review and edit and post job descriptions, working with AVG’s Director of People to ensure the formatting of all job descriptions is consistent and aligned with AVG’s Talent Management processes
- Develop, disseminate, collect and analyze scorecards for all requisitions
- Working with AVG’s Director of People and with AVG’s Communications team, ensure alignment with AVG’s brand and marketing guidelines, develop AVG’s social media recruiting profile and maintain AVG’s online recruiting presence that supports a passive talent pipeline
- Research and present a schedule of recruiting events to support networking and passive pipeline development, attending events as required
- Directly source passive and active talent for requisitions across all levels and functions at AVG
- Help develop, implement and manage AVG’s referral program
- Support the development of effective next-level interview practices at AVG, working with the Director of People to build and introduce behavioral interviewing, scorecard use, assessments and other interview activities
- Hold discovery and networking conversations to educate prospects and candidates on AVG and current or future professional opportunities
- Conduct initial phone screens to qualify candidates for work eligibility, general availability, required skills, competencies and experiences and other specific qualifications dependent upon the requisition
- Schedule interviews and informational conversations with fellow members of AVG’s People team and hiring managers from AVG’s various business units as required per requisition
- Support scheduling and coordination for People team and Talent related events, including but not limited to hiring discussions, interviewing, on-boarding, training, professional development opportunities, HR and facilities/safety trainings and informational sessions
- Work closely with AVG’s Director of People and other members of the people team as well as people managers to develop effective training modules and to support training program objectives
- Maintain and facilitate the use of AVG’s training resources, including: AVG University, department and role specific trainings (in all formats), conferences, events and outside resources and vendors
- Develop and facilitate reporting processes around desired metrics and outputs for AVG’s recruiting, on-boarding and training programs
- As a member of the people team, provide operational support for the development, management, and measurement of new processes related to AVG’s People Strategy and Talent Management program
- Support fellow members of AVG’s People team in facilitating all other matters related to employees and the improvement of the larger AVG culture
- Serve as an exceptional teammate and partner to all employees throughout AVG
Our ideal candidate has many of these traits.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally including coursework in the Industrial Organizational Psychology and/or Communications fields
- 5-7 years of direct experience in full-life cycle recruiting (you need to have a comfort level from sourcing through candidate close), which includes experience working directly with hiring managers, all levels of position and job description development
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility and partner collaboratively with business partners to achieve goals while honoring existing frameworks and requirements
- Experienced with behavioral interviewing methods
Skills and strengths
- Effective organizational skills supporting your ability to manage and drive processes involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interviewing skills; specifically, you have the capability to draw out candidates’ motivations, identify and address concerns, overcome challenges and deliver assessments of fit for role and team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow you to deliver a variety of messages as needed for effective recruitment marketing, process management and interviewing
- Ability to generate buy-in while remaining capable of ensuring compliance and following established practices
- Critical thinking abilities, supporting a forward-thinking approach to your work and allowing you to anticipate, prepare for and communicate on potential obstacles
- Analytical and reporting skills that you can leverage to help AVG leverage data to improve and enhance recruiting and talent programming and processes