Community Relations Manager | Manchester, NH
Alumni Venture Group is a fast-growing, 80+ person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, AVG funds raise money from retail-based investors to invest in venture and alternative assets. We have successfully launched more than 20 venture funds over the past four years and expect to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability, including that of our Community Relations team which operates out of our Manchester, NH headquarters. We are currently seeking a motivated, results-oriented and highly-engaging professional to play a key role in new customer acquisition for our AVG and our Funds. The Community Relations Manager will report to the Director of Community Relations in AVG’s Community Growth department and will execute on a series of existing and to-be-developed processes and approaches for engaging and advancing potential AVG investors in and through our marketing funnel. Success for the new Community Relations Manager will be demonstrated by achieving and maintaining an improved rate of conversion from inbound customer inquiry to closed customer.
Please feel free to read more about our company at www.avgfunds.com
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a sales or metrics-driven customer support role
- Experience managing customer engagement through email, phone and web chat
- Experience operating within a CRM platform, such as HubSpot or Salesforce.
- Proven ability to communicate in a sales environment through a number of methods, including live and phone conversation, short-form email or email marketing, and chat communications
- Outcome oriented with demonstrated problem solving approach that allows you to both address and proactively identify customer needs.
- Experienced working within and managing a process to support a high-volume of inbound leads
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to follow process, while leveraging critical thinking skills to deliver on desired outcomes
- Able to effectively leverage your strong EQ in a professional setting, coupling exceptional interpersonal skills with an abundance of empathy, patience and understanding
- Inherently analytical and inquisitive, you can use data points and other information to form critical questions, uncover and overcome obstacles
- Flexible and a team player, you can work in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment and are able and willing to embrace change and adapt to rapid evolution of processes and role responsibilities
- Technically savvy, able to quickly learn new platforms, tools, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prevent and catch errors
- Strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry
- Manage the top of our sales engagement process for engaging and advancing prospective investors, working closely with AVG’s key fundraising and business development professionals.
- Responsibility for booking sales calls for each fund and evaluated on your ability to do so within the stated goals for each fund, in conjunction with other areas of marketing.
- Provide tailored customer service to sophisticated, high net worth leads via email, phone and web-based chat.
- Track data and work with the rest of the Community Relations team to analyze results and iterate and improve operations, content and processes.
- Serve as a lead and collaborative partner to the Community Relations team and Director of Community Relations in working to continuously adapt and improve team processes and approaches to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Community Relations in supporting AVG’s fundraising goals and serving the greater AVG mission.
- Work with the other members of the department to ensure that our brand, messaging, and story is being told in the appropriate way through all processes and delivery methods.
- Ensure compliance of all your communications within applicable SEC and FINRA regulations and guidelines. We will train you on this.
- Be an active participant in improving day-to-day work processes.