Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing venture capital firm with 100 employees located in Boston, Manchester, NH, NYC, Chicago, SF and Austin, TX. We are disrupting VC by bringing smart, simple venture capital portfolios to the 13 million accredited American investors who don’t have venture portfolios. Our secret sauce is our connected capital of over 400,000 alumni who provide capital, source deals, and add value to portfolio companies. On an annual basis, our teams raise a fund from their respective communities to venture with strong potential and exceptional lead investors. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG looks forward, we seek to grow and create value – with the goal of eventually becoming the most strategically valuable venture capital firm in the world. In support of that goal, we are currently seeking a Part Time Events Department Assistant who will help support AVG and our Fund teams reach their goals around building and engaging the AVG community furthering AVG’s presence in the venture and startup space. The successful Events Assistant will actively support our Events and Communications teams in the many facets of event organization and execute flawlessly on a variety of tasks with the goal of helping to create and facilitate exceptional events for AVG.
This is a full-time position reporting to AVG’s Events Coordinator. The role will require approximately 20-25 hours a week over 4-5 days in AVG’s Manchester NH headquarters with little to no expectations of travel. The schedule is somewhat flexible and can be confirmed with the Events Coordinator. We’ll provide training, but expect you to be an excellent organizer and project manager, fast learner, born problem-solver, driven executor, and a stickler for details. Candidates must also be adept in Microsoft Office and willing to learn our CRM. Computer and software will be provided. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Undergraduate degree (or in progress towards a degree), preferably in a related field
- Excellent communicator: clear, concise and accurate with written communication and able to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal stakeholders as well as vendors and members of the AVG community
- Professional writing ability
- Outstanding project manager and problem-solver
Preferred skills and strengths
- Exposure to or experience with graphic design
- Exposure or experience with hubspot or similar crm
- Experience with events, customer service and marketing/events materials
- Experience working with sophisticated clientele
- Experience or exposure to the venture capital, startup and/or academic space
Sample Responsibilities (this is not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- Managing venue database
- Managing location-based database of guest lists
- Assist with questions and facilitate requests pertaining to database information
- Creating EventBrite landing pages
- Confirming vendor arrangements prior to events
- Prepping invitations, name tags and other event materials
- Coordinate shipping of event materials
- Sharing of event info with rest of Communications for publication (via social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist event coordinator with (6) large-scale events per year as needed
- Travel to (4-6) large-scale events required (24-48 hour trips)
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture
Alumni Ventures Group (www.avgfunds.com) is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that builds and manages venture capital funds for alumni of top schools and other investors. We pride ourselves on making a key asset class accessible to investors who were previously shut out of venture capital—and our rapid growth confirms that we are addressing a real pain point for investors. Unlike most VC funds that raise money from a handful of institutions, our funds raise money in smaller amounts from a large group of investors, then build diverse venture portfolios for our investors. We don’t lead deals, but rather co-invest alongside top firms such as KP, Bessemer, Menlo Ventures, Mark Cuban, Andreessen, Khosla, NEA, and others. We are private, for profit, and not part of any University.