Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from individual, accredited investors to invest in venture and other alternative assets. With over 80 team members in our offices in Manchester, Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, AVG has launched more than 20 venture funds over the past five years. We are underway with plans for another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Events Department Assistant who will help support AVG and our Fund teams reach their goals around building and engaging the AVG community furthering AVG’s presence in the venture and startup space. The successful Events Assistant will actively support our Events and Communications teams in the many facets of event organization and execute flawlessly on a variety of tasks with the goal of helping to create and facilitate exceptional events for AVG.
This is a part-time position reporting to AVG’s Events Coordinator. The role will require approximately 10-15 hours a week over 2-3 days in AVG’s Manchester NH headquarters with little to no expectations of travel. The schedule is somewhat flexible and can be confirmed with the Events Coordinator. We’ll provide training, but expect you to be an excellent organizer and project manager, fast learner, born problem-solver, driven executor, and a stickler for details. Candidates must also be adept in Microsoft Office and willing to learn our CRM. Computer and software will be provided. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Undergraduate degree (or in progress towards a degree), preferably in a related field
- Excellent communicator: clear, concise and accurate with written communication and able to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal stakeholders as well as vendors and members of the AVG community
- Professional writing ability
- Outstanding project manager and problem-solver
Preferred skills and strengths
- Exposure to or experience with graphic design
- Experience with events, customer service and marketing/events materials
- Experience working with sophisticated clientele
- Experience or exposure to the venture capital, startup and/or academic space
Sample Responsibilities (this is not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- Searching for/sourcing venue options and requesting quotes or contracts for events
- Searching for/sourcing vendors including, but not limited to; restaurants, photographers, caterers)
- Organizing event details
- Updating venue database
- Updating event calendars on daily/weekly basis
- Creating and updating event one-pagers
- Creating EventBrite pages
- Tracking, organizing, and updating associated docs with event changes from partners
- Confirming vendor arrangements prior to events
- Prepping name tags, signs, invitations and other event materials
- Sharing of event info with rest of Communications for publication (via social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture
Alumni Ventures Group (www.avgfunds.com) is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that builds and manages venture capital funds for alumni of top schools and other investors. We pride ourselves on making a key asset class accessible to investors who were previously shut out of venture capital—and our rapid growth confirms that we are addressing a real pain point for investors. Unlike most VC funds that raise money from a handful of institutions, our funds raise money in smaller amounts from a large group of investors, then build diverse venture portfolios for our investors. We don’t lead deals, but rather co-invest alongside top firms such as KP, Bessemer, Menlo Ventures, Mark Cuban, Andreessen, Khosla, NEA, and others. We are private, for profit, and not part of any University.