Senior Partner | Alumni Ventures Group
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, 80-person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from sophisticated investors to invest in venture and other alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 20+ venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are looking to extend our investing and community building capacity to additional schools and to offer those people a choice of funds. To that end, we're seeking an experienced, full-time Senior Partner who can communicate AVG’s value proposition and investing capabilities.
This is a full-time position based in our new Boston Post Office Square space. As Senior Partner, you will report to and work closely with the Investment Team Board (comprised of AVG’s CEO, CIO, CCO and CFO). This is a salaried position, with a comprehensive benefits package, and some modest travel as defined by the iTeam Board for the successful execution of your responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to build community and raise capital
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Significant VC capital or private equity investing experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Requirements for an Ideal Candidate
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in entrepreneurism and emerging companies
- Experience successfully managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Exceptional networker, with an ability to grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Strong writer and communicator, excellent listener
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get and communicate big picture
- Self-starter and independent manager, but good team player and personnel manager
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Strong teamwork with HQ teams to achieve goals, compliance, and open communication
- Experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Help identify experts that can be consulted on deals, industries
- Familiarity with deal structuring and closing (i.e. ability to read, analyze, and assess term sheets)
- Networking prowess to identify and utilize experts that can be consulted on deals, industries and markets
- Ability to quickly garner credibility, respect, and trust from complete strangers
- High level of gravitas and understanding of how the venture community functions and AVG’s place within it
- Strong fundraising skills and ability to excel in all aspects of holding meetings, taking calls, follow-up, closing
- Nurture your community by holding meetings, attending events, working with HQ
- With CCO and VP of Marketing, work to establish specific fundraising goals
- Assist in the coaching of support resources
- Work on helping build the relationship with other Partners
- Experience and comfort with engaging UHNW individuals
Role / Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed regular, periodic goals as established by HQ and all appropriate functional departments (i.e. Fundraising Team, Office of Investments, etc.).
- Work directly with AVG shared resources on pipeline management and community building opportunities
- Lead and close conversations and meeting with Fund investors.
- Serve as one of the faces of AVG Open Access, and build community and connectivity with investors and community members.
- Partner with other AVG Open Access Senior Partners to grow the overall community and fund.
- Help supervise back-end functions as needed, as it pertains to the fundraising and community process.
- Work with the AVG’s Community Team to drive engagement through AVG Open Access.
- Interact directly with AVG’s internal CRM and proprietary investor portals.
- Partner with the investor relations team to deliver on the AVG experience.
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner.
- Engage with and support our Fellows, provide mentorship and leverage their time to support fund activities.
- Lead investor relations and potential investor outreach.
- Identify top-tier deal resources and conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help cement deal flow.
- Be a resource and work across AVG portfolio companies to develop a strong relationship to facilitate future investment opportunities.
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services.
- Be an exceptional teammate and partner for the fund, your sister funds, and fellow colleagues.
- Adhere to AVG policies and procedures regarding conduct, job performance, information management and administrative functions, communicating appropriately regarding any need for exceptions.