Senior Partner | Alumni Ventures Group
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization with over 90 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of over 350K entrepreneurs, investors, and supporters. We are disrupting venture capital with our smart, simple product offerings: alumni and focused funds that provide individual, accredited investors access to venture investing. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective communities to invest in diverse, promising startups and growing businesses. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds to date and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG looks forward, we seek to grow and create value – with the goal of eventually becoming the most strategically valuable venture capital firm in the world. To that end, we are looking to extend our investing and community building capacity to additional schools and to offer those people a choice of funds. To that end, we're seeking an experienced, full-time Senior Partner who can communicate AVG’s value proposition and investing capabilities.
This is a full-time position based in our new Boston Post Office Square space. As Senior Partner, you will report to the Chief Community Officer and work closely with our Select and Focused Funds team. This is a salaried position, with an incentive plan, and potentially some modest travel for the successful execution of your responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to build community and raise capital
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Significant VC capital or private equity experience preferred, fundraising, selling alternative investment opportunities or investing
- You must be energized by talking to and closing a large volume of warm leads
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Requirements for an Ideal Candidate
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in entrepreneurship and emerging companies
- Experience successfully managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Exceptional networker, with an ability to grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Strong writer and communicator, excellent listener
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get and communicate big picture
- Self-starter and independent manager, but good team player and personnel manager
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Strong teamwork with HQ teams to achieve goals, compliance, and open communication
- Networking prowess to identify and utilize experts that can be consulted on deals, industries and markets
- Ability to quickly garner credibility, respect, and trust from complete strangers
- High level of understanding of how the venture community functions and AVG’s place within it
- Strong fundraising skills and ability to excel in all aspects of holding meetings, taking calls, follow-up, closing
- Ability to quickly connect with a wide variety of people
- Active listening skills and high EQ
- Highly articulate and thoughtful with communications
- Skilled at working a large volume of warm B2C leads
- Comfort in organizing and tracking your sales pipeline within our CRM
- Experience and comfort with engaging UHNW individuals
Role / Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed regular, periodic goals as established by HQ and all appropriate functional departments (i.e. Fundraising Team, Office of Investments, etc.).
- Work directly with AVG shared resources on pipeline management and community building opportunities
- Lead and close conversations and meeting with Fund investors.
- Serve as one of the faces of AVG Select and Focused Funds, and build community and connectivity with investors and community members.
- Partner with other AVG Senior Partners to grow the overall community and fund.
- Help supervise back-end functions as needed, as it pertains to the fundraising and community process.
- Work with the AVG’s Community Team to drive engagement through the AVG Select and Focused Funds
- Interact directly with AVG’s internal CRM and proprietary investor portals.
- Partner with the investor relations team to deliver on the AVG experience.
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner.
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services.
- Be an exceptional teammate and partner for the fund, your sister funds, and fellow colleagues.
- Adhere to AVG policies and procedures regarding conduct, job performance, information management and administrative functions, communicating appropriately regarding any need for exceptions.