Program Manager, Venture Fellows
Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is a fast-growing, 80-person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds for all accredited investors. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from accredited individuals to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any college or university.
AVG’s Venture Fellows Program is the nation’s most expansive on-ramp to a career in venture capital and provides learning and professional development opportunities for 200+ fellows per year by providing the training, networking opportunities, and hands-on investing experience necessary to help individuals gain entry to the industry. While the Venture Fellows Program is designed to provide candidates of all backgrounds an on-ramp to venture, a core pillar of the program is to improve access to careers in VC to groups who are traditionally underrepresented in the industry, specifically women and minorities.
As AVG continues to grow, we are building out the leadership of our Venture Fellows Program to provide better engagement, improved professional development, and valuable career resources to the 200+ Fellows who participate in the program every year.
Over 50% of graduates of our Venture Fellows Program have transitioned into careers in the venture capital industry following their fellowship experience. Given the tremendous success of this Program to date, we are seeking an experienced Program Manager with leadership potential, strong interpersonal and analytical skills, and the know-how to drive the continued development of our world-class Venture Fellows Program.
This full-time position will be located in either our Manchester, NH headquarters or Boston, MA office, with occasional travel between the two offices, and will report directly to the Vice President of the Venture Fellows Program. The Venture Fellows Program Manager will be responsible for the overall fellows experience, interact daily with fellows, and partner with a wide range of internal teams, including investing, marketing, HR, IT and engineering.
You can learn more about the Venture Fellow Program by listening to this podcast and read more about our company at www.avgfunds.com.
- Excellent project management skills and multitasking abilities, ideally multi-stakeholder project management experience and/or experience managing projects across remote teams or with a number of remote stakeholders
- Has a background in program management, curriculum development, professional development, training and/or sales management
- Has experience interacting with high-performing individuals from recent graduates to experienced senior executives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, specifically including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Has built successful fellowship, internship or professional development programs and/or contributed significantly to the growth of a foundational program
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or higher, from a Top 25 university.
- Excited by the challenge of scaling an organization 2x in one year. Ready to dive in and deliver day-to-day operational leadership, as well as strategy and vision for program evolution. Wants to experience the growth that comes with tackling new, complex challenges.
- Strong focus on implementing and improving processes. Understands the value of being superbly organized. Desire and ability to measure the important KPIs & implement learnings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook and high energy.
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart to hit deadlines. Always tries their hardest.
- Excited about the ability to contribute to the growth and success of the Venture Fellows Program team and the Alumni Ventures Group mission
- Develop and execute a top-of-the-line 52-week Fellows Program experience
- Execute and improve the application process, acceptance process, onboarding, training and development,, and graduation of 50-100 Fellow roles every quarter.
- Own the Venture Fellows Academy by driving content development, monitoring lesson completion, tracking progress of Fellows, and providing evaluation feedback.
- Prepare metrics on Fellow progress and quality of work. Improve systems and problem-solve as challenges are presented.
- Coordinate with AVG Headquarters and investment teams for new fund launches, fellowship capacity, and performance feedback.
- Experiment with Venture Fellows programming, design and build experiences, and develop analytics geared to provide the Fellows a continuously improving experience..
- Manage the Fellow Program communication channels, including Slack, newsletters & written updates.
- Design and execute a Fellow Emeritus Engagement Plan that strengthens the connective tissue with past Fellow Program participants.