Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, 80-person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from accredited individuals to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability and have created a new position on our Fund Accounting team. AVG’s Fund Accountant will be in a unique position to help build out AVG’s processes for fund accounting supporting venture funds. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting professional, with strong analytical skills, an eye for detail and you are excited about the opportunity to build something, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a full-time position located in AVG’s Manchester, NH, headquarters. You will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Monthly reconciliations between Funds’ Investor databases, Investment databases, and cash accounts.
- Prepare and assist in the tax return and K-1 process and work with the tax accountant to resolve any queries.
- Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparts and investors
- Assist with reporting to Limited Partners, including portfolio company valuations, limited partner capital account allocations, distribution waterfall, distribution and carry payouts and annual audit
- Gather relevant investment documentation and understand capital structures of investments
- Assist in maintaining a database on fund and portfolio company activity, including cash flows, transaction multiples, co-investment, etc.
- Assist with compliance related projects and regulatory filings
- Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures and investor portal/database
Profile: Our ideal candidate has many of these traits:
- BS/BA required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 1-2 years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to venture, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is required
Skills and strengths
- A strong accounting foundation including working knowledge of best practices in fund accounting
- Experience working successfully in an environment with a high rate of growth and a strong bias toward process improvement and driving change and improvement
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and exceptional listening skills
- Experience designing and implementing effective processes around the reporting function
- Relevant experience building, manipulating and reading financial spreadsheets
- Well refined analytical abilities
- High proficiency in MS Office Products
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High energy, self-starter, but a great team player
- A high level of poise and professionalism
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart
- Strong interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prevent and catch errors
- Ability to juggle and multi-task across one-offs and larger, long-term projects
- Ability and ambition to contribute positively to AVG's culture