Vice President of Strategic Development
Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is a fast-growing venture capital firm that raises and invests approximately $200M per year through a family of alumni and affinity-focused VC funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from individual alumni investors to create a diversified portfolio of 20-25 investments in venture and other alternative assets. Using this model, AVG has become one of the most active venture capital firms in the US and is looking to continue its growth. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school. You can learn more about the company at www.avgfunds.com.
Our venture capital firm is now seeking an experienced and energetic VP of Strategic Development who can help us develop stronger relationships with our top 250. This role will focus primarily on the development and management of the AVG ultra-high net worth investors.
This is a full-time position located in our Manchester, NH, office with some travel required (approx. 10-20%). Additionally, you will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
Our ideal candidate will have many of these traits.
- Preferred, but not required: graduate of one of our target schools; top-tier MBA
- Minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising or development experience (business development, institutional sales, strategic customer development, etc.), with a strong track record of success
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to interact with sophisticated investors
Requirements of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment
- High-energy, engaging personality with a passion for establishing, growing, and maintaining relationships
- Natural networker
- Customer-focused approach
- Credible, trustworthy, with a high level of gravitas
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating independently, while diligent about reporting up
- Compelling, confident, and clear communicator in person, on phone, and in writing
- Have a love for innovation, finance, and entrepreneurship
- Experience working with ultra-high net worth investors
- Ability to sell AVG, our Funds, and yourself to high net worth, sophisticated investors
- Data-driven professional with an interest in analyzing beyond the surface of information
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Collaborative mindset, contributing to the Company’s growth and evolution in your department and overall
- Understanding of venture capital as an asset class
- Willingness to work out of Manchester, NH, and to travel
- Report directly to the AVG COO and CEO, and work closely with AVG’s Partners and other stakeholders
- Grow, manage, and foster AVG’s ultra-high net worth investors
- Develop strong working relationships with AVG’s top investors, taking a customer-centric approach
- Collaborate across company to leverage our mutual knowledge, relationships, and networks
- Work very closely with AVG’s community and community development teams in a collaborative and team-based manner
- Conduct research and use your relationships to drive new opportunities for AVG
- Meet with and sell to potential investors throughout the country
- Execute on your monthly, quarterly, and annual KPIs
- Represent the Company to strategic partners, press, entrepreneurs, and the general public
- Initiate and build long-term relationships with high net worth individuals and their communities
- Work closely with our Marketing department to drive fundraising initiatives throughout the company
- Create in depth profiles of each member of the AVG syndicate.
- Assist in crafting and executing a unique, appropriate, and compelling customer engagement experience for each investor
- Use AVGs CRM to track your progress and provide monthly reports to the executive team on your KPIs
- Assist AVG with investor outreach and marketing initiatives across our communities
- While the position is primarily focused on managing our existing investors, there is also an expectation that this position will support marketing and outreach to new potential investors
- Support corporate with unit holder management, as well as potential raises
Salary, equity, extensive benefits package
Alumni Ventures Group is a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that builds and manages alumni venture capital funds. We pride ourselves on making a key asset class available to investors who were previously had little access to quality venture portfolios—and our rapid growth confirms that we are addressing a real pain point for alumni investors. Our Manchester, NH, headquarters provides back office support (IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) and other shared resources to all our funds, located throughout the country. Unlike most VC funds that raise money from a handful of institutions, our funds raise money in smaller amounts from a large group of alumni on an annual basis. Our deal teams then invest in a diverse portfolio of venture deals connected to alumni entrepreneurs of the same school. We don’t lead deals, but rather co-invest alongside top firms such as KP, Bessemer, Menlo Ventures, Andreessen, Sequoia, Khosla, NEA, and others.
You can read about AVG here: