Freelance Graphic Designer
Alumni Venture Group is a fast-growing, 80 person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from retail-based investors to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 20+ venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
We're seeking a Freelance Graphic Designer who is eager to assist our communications team in designing and laying out a variety of materials, from newsletters to sales sheets, social media banners, presentations, and much more. We would prefer a local talent who could work in our Manchester office for more efficient interaction. We have approximately 20 hours a week available for the right individual.
- Preferred college graduate with a graphic design degree
- 2+ years as a professional Graphic Designer, working in a professional setting
- Able to manage and execute multiple tasks and projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Eager to learn and grow your skillsets
- Have strong design computer/technology skills
- Can manage 20 hours of work on a weekly basis
- Strong graphic designer skills, displaying creativity, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Adept at prepping layout, design, and graphic elements of a wide variety of collateral
- Knowledgeable about digital media platforms, tools, trends, techniques, with experience in publishing and managing brand-building campaigns
- Well-organized, excellent planner and highly productive executor, with ability to hit deadlines, budget, and expectations
- Good team player; low maintenance and adept at reporting up and collaborating
- Readily able to adapt style to audience, platform, mission, and team preference
- Experienced in Adobe products and all Microsoft Word products (in Mac environment)
Bonus points if you….
- Are entrepreneurial and have worked in a fast-growing startup
- Have familiarity with financial industry, alumni spheres, sophisticated audiences
- Have experience with HubSpot, WordPress, HTML
- Have experience with designing web pages and digital newsletter templates
- Have experience with other areas of content production expertise such as photography, video, webinars
- Create graphics for variety of content/collateral/products (esp. newsletters, decks, sales materials, and web images) working with team to deliver appropriate visuals
- Layout and design newsletters, sales materials, infographics, white papers, sales sheets, investor portfolio, brochures, biz cards, signs, etc.
- Upkeep of brand assets and brand guidelines
- Edit existing creative materials
- Help us create templates for new standard material
- Provide advice on all design work as requested across departments