Part Time Web Publisher
Alumni Venture Group is a fast-growing organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from retail-based investors to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 20+ venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
AVG is looking for a part-time web publisher to support ongoing efforts to enhance our website and to contribute to selected web development projects as needed. This position will report to AVG’s Director of Web Development and will also work with our Community and Engagement team, spending time both in AVG’s Manchester, NH office as well as working remotely. This role will require strong attention to detail, in particular with respect to writing and proofreading. The ability to work autonomously and manage multiple simultaneous projects is necessary.
Please read more about our company at avgfunds.com Responsibilities
● Proofread and edit content for grammar, punctuation, clarity, accuracy and readability
● Populate prepared templates with reviewed content and format appropriately
● On an ongoing basis, identify and correct website issues i.e., broken hyperlinks, misspellings,
inaccuracies, required changes, etc.
● Respond to or elevate support tickets in JIRA request tracker in a timely manner
● Create new landing pages for additional AVG funds
● Contribute to additional projects as requested by the Director of Web Development
● Web content management/publishing experience, specifically including editing and formatting
● A strong understanding and familiarity with standard computer programs, WordPress, and other
● Self-directed and responsible: possesses the ability to progress with work despite unforeseen
challenges and also recognizes when to elevate issues
● A Bachelor’s Degree or anticipated graduation date by 2019 in related field of study
● Experience with or exposure to startup and/or quickly growing companies and cultures
● Basic HTML skills is a plus!