Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization that builds and manages a family of 13 (with more in development) venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. As an organization, AVG has grown 100+% year-over-year in the past three years and looks to continue this trend.
We’re seeking an experienced full-time writer who is adept at writing a variety of business publications for a sophisticated audience. We want someone who can research and write intelligent, engaging, highly accurate copy for newsletters, sales material, corporate collateral, presentations, articles, blogs, white papers, and more. Excellent editorial and proofing skills are also required. The ability to adopt our voice, style, key messages, templates, and terminology will be critical.
We’re seeking a person to work in our Manchester, NH, headquarters. You will report to the Director of Communications and Engagement.
Please read more about our company at avgfunds.com.
- College graduate with at least a BA in English or Journalism
- 2+ years as a professional writer, writing and editing a variety of publications, including for business audiences
- Excellent track record as a freelance writer
- Able to prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects on time and in budget
- Eager to learn and grow your skillsets
- Able to proactively solve problems, pitch in, and adapt in a growing startup environment
- Good writing, editing, and proofing skills, displaying creativity, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Well-organized, excellent planner and highly productive executor, with ability to hit deadlines, budgets, and expectations
- Capable researcher, able to find both information and resources and synthesize them clearly and concisely
- Excellent team player and solo project manager, low maintenance and adept at reporting up and collaborating
- Outstanding work ethic with an ability to work both hard and intelligently
- Good communicator and excellent listener
- Proactive, problem solver, flexible and adaptable, fast learner; good at getting both the big picture and attending to critical details
- Readily able to adapt style to audience, platform, mission, and team preference
- Experienced in Adobe all Microsoft Word products
Bonus points if you…
- Have a good graphic design eye and are able to help guide the creation of graphic elements, layout, overall design
- Some experience with Adobe products
- Experience with Macs
- Have familiarity with financial industry, alumni spheres, sophisticated audiences
- Experienced with HubSpot, WordPress, HTML—or adept at learning new platforms, tools
- Have worked with/for a fast-growing startup
- Research, write, edit, proof a variety of B2C publications, from newsletters to sales collateral, blogs, presentations, articles, and more
- Work with our team on design, graphics, and layout for our content
- Lay out content in WordPress and/or HubSpot (we will provide some basic training)