Sr. Fund Accountant
We're seeking an experienced fund accountant who is eager to join our innovative venture capital firm full-time. You will work directly with our experienced finance team and have responsibility for the accounting practices surrounding our uniquely structured and positioned venture funds. You’ll work intimately with AVG’s corporate investment team, as well as our fund based Managing Partners.
You'll be joining a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment in our exciting Manchester-based office. Additionally, this is a unique opportunity to help build and manage AVG’s process surrounding fund accounting for over 15 venture funds (and growing!). This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, where you will report directly to the CFO.
If you are an experienced fund accountant looking for your next challenge in a new and exciting venture firm, we’d love to hear from you.
- Provide financial information and reporting to internal management, external counterparts and investors
- Assist with semi-annual reporting to Limited Partners, including portfolio company valuations, advisory board reporting package, limited partner capital account allocations, distribution waterfall, and annual audit
- Gather relevant investment documentation and understand capital structures of investments
- Assist in maintaining a database on fund and portfolio company activity, including cash flows, transaction multiples, co-investment, etc.
- Work with various resources, including our audit firm, tax firm, and consultants
- Monthly reconciliations between Funds’ Investor databases, Investment databases, and cash accounts.
- Assist with compliance related projects and regulatory filings
- Understand and have the ability to discuss governing documents of the Fund (PPM, LLC agreement, subscription documents, etc.)
- Coordinate with external auditors on agreed-upon procedures work and annual audits/financial statement preparation
- Coordinate with external tax preparers in the tax return and K-1 process
- Work on projects to improve overall processes and accounting procedures
- Interact with senior management, corporate accounting, fund operations, analysts and legal department
Skills & Experience Required
- BS/BA required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Strong communication (written and verbal), analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- 5+ years prior public accounting/fund accounting experience; exposure to venture, private equity, mutual fund, CLO, or similar accounting is required
Additional Skills & Experience
- A very strong bias toward process improvement and driving change and improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High energy, self-starter, but a great team player
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A high level of poise and professionalism
- Excellent work ethic with an ability to work both hard and smart
- Strong interpersonal skills matched with an optimistic outlook
- Experience designing and implementing processes around the budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prevent and catch errors
- Ability to juggle and multi-task across one-offs and larger, long-term projects
- Be a superb listener
- High Proficiency in MS Office Products
- Contribute positively to AVG's culture