Software QA Engineer
Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, 80-person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from accredited individuals to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are seeking a Software QA Engineer that will lead the front-end and back-end testing of web and mobile applications (iOS & Android) within our Agile development team. Testing will involve a combination of both automated and manual coverage. The Software QA Engineer will work closely with both internal staff members as well as with the off-site Development Team to understand technical details of the applications. Beyond your technical skills, you will need to be a quick learner; able to work independently and efficiently; demonstrate a professional work ethic, and continually juggle many projects to meet our quality standard.
In addition, you will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment, and report to our SVP of Engineering, and collaborate closely with our engineering team as well as all departments across AVG. If you are talented with websites, entrepreneurial, strategic, analytical, detail-oriented, we'd love to talk to you.
- College degree required, preferably with a focus in Programming or Web Development
- Excellent communication and design skills for a sophisticated audience
- Our ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience in similar roles; leveraging technical support and web development skills
- Adept at managing a wide variety of projects, managing to and meeting business needs and client expectations independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal team members
- Great team player and solo project manager, able to manage both internal and external collaborators
- Proactive, problem solver, flexible and adaptable, fast learner
- Flexible team player who is willing and able to help get the job done and grow as the job and company needs
- Participate fully in the SDLC process
- Develop and maintain test plans and test scripts
- Hands-on execution of daily product testing, defect tracking, and resolution progress reporting
- Document defects to facilitate the recreation of issues by the development team
- Participate in bug triage and release processes
- Provide input on project timelines, tasks, levels of effort, durations, testing risks, and dependencies
- Conduct testing post-mortem to define and document lessons learned and translate them into improvements to the quality management system framework
- Manage relationships through regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management
- Effectively manage the authority and scope to identify the components of the system to be automated
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective and near constant communication with colleagues to drive departmental and organizational goals and meet deadlines