Events Planner and Coordinator
We're looking for an experienced, well-organized, and customer-focused event planner to produce, manage, and design corporate events from conception to post-event assessment. Events are held in a variety of forums and will be predominantly for the purpose of fundraising, investor relations, mini-conferences, and community education. Additionally, you will be responsible for organizing, planning, and executing internal corporate meeting and retreats.
We are a fast-growing organization that builds and manages alumni venture capital funds for accredited and qualified consumers. Specifically, our funds raise money from alumni, then turn and invest that capital back into entrepreneurs from the same university with the goal of providing a return on investment. To date, we have established funds for alumni of Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, MIT, UPenn, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Berkeley, and Stanford. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
Please feel free to read more about our Company at www.avgfunds.com
- Must be a college graduate
- Minimum of 5 years of business event planning and production
- A strong portfolio of previously managed events (business, corporate events, conferences, parties for upscale audiences)
- Experience operating within both a CRM and event management platform (Hubspot and EventBrite preferred)
- Excellent project, time and budget management, and communication skills
- Sales and negotiating skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple projects independently, and report up efficiently
- Solid technology skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Works well with a variety of personality types
- Adept at managing multiple tasks
- Work with internal clients to identify their needs, goals, and expectations
- Event planning, sourcing, design and production within budget, schedule, and quality expectations
- Conduct market research, gather information
- Vendor spec, sourcing, and negotiation
- Prepare EventBrite pages, email invitations, participant follow-ups, newsletter write-ups, etc., to publicize events
- Plan and oversee production of ancillary materials: signage, banners, programs, schedules, sign-up sheets, badges, tec.
- Organize facilities and details such as location, venue/room layout, agendas, decor, catering/menu, entertainment, transportation, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Consult with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Coordinate with multimedia professionals (internal or external) to tape, record, transmit events
- Coordinate with speakers, guests, panelists outside company on participation, travel arrangements, schedule, etc.
- Brief participations, specify staff requirements, coordinate activities
- Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes, tracking metrics over time to measure and improve outcomes
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations and policies
- Create rolodex of venues, vendors, and other helpful third-party sources
- Create forms, tickets, etc., to help trap information
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve systems, policies, and procedures
- Be an active participant in the improvement process as it relates to our approach, process, products, and services