Senior Software Architect
The healthcare landscape has never been more dynamic than it is today. Aver is at the forefront of developing leading-edge technology and advanced analytics to navigate this complex environment. Our team is driven by a passion to simplify value-based healthcare through innovation and customized solutions for our clients. Our platform revolutionizes the way payers and providers design, implement, and administer value-based programs.
At Aver, our people are our greatest asset. Our culture is founded upon integrity, hard work, and the relentless pursuit to make a difference. We think creatively, we like a challenge and draw inspiration from each other. As the Senior Architect, you will be responsible for collaborating with a high-performing engineering team to design and create scalable data processing applications, inventive web applications and a rich user experience.
This is a high-impact role on a small team at an early-stage growth software company. Candidates should enjoy tough technical challenges, a high degree of responsibility, and building new things.
- Architect serverless and traditional applications using state-of-the-art AWS services.
- Design flexible and scalable software that solve problems that matter
- Develop new and existing products using best-in-class tools.
- Collaborate with an amazing engineering team on the continuous evolution of best practices.
- Advise on interesting technical decisions and their consequences.
Your background may not include all the experiences outlined below, but you have a demonstrated track record of seeking new challenges, learning rapidly and delivering great results in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of test-driven development experience.
- 5+ years designing scalable SaaS applications.
- 2+ years of experience working with serverless architecture, in particular AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS, SQS.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and architects of all experience levels.
- Comfort with technical writing and diagramming.
- Desire to be involved in the full SDLC.
- A thought-leader in a high-performing engineering organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Python is a plus.
Aver offers competitive benefits and perks to all our “Averians!” Our comprehensive benefits package is one of the many ways we show our employees how valued they are. All full-time Averians are eligible for the following:
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $600 annual contribution into qualifying HSAs on company insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan which vests immediately
- Equity in Aver in the form of stock options
- 4 weeks of PTO annually
- Company-paid iPhone
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee, and fruit for HQ employees - when we are not remote!
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Annual professional development stipend
- Regular company happy hours and events
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to patient information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Aver. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Executing particular security processes or activities
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, or marital status.