Senior Healthcare Data Analyst
Aver is looking to add to its stellar customer analytics team by hiring a Senior Healthcare Data Analyst. This role is responsible for building analytic content across Aver’s solution suite to meet goals and address challenges relating to our clients’ assessment and operationalization of value-based healthcare, specifically episodes of care and bundled payments. In addition, this person will partner with our Director of Analytics in order to identify areas for process improvement and define and execute upon product strategy. Essential duties include:
- Effectively communicate with and execute on requirements identified by Aver’s consulting and product teams.
- Analysis of current processes and data gathering objectives of clients.
- Translation of clients’ needs into a detailed business requirement solution for the Aver platform.
- Present complex findings in a clear and concise manner using graphics, tables, and high-level written summaries.
- Provide subject matter expertise to our clients on data analysis and use of the Aver platform.
- Create strategies for and implement workflow enhancement and new process development.
- In-depth experience working with healthcare claims data is required. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- A strong preference will be given to applicants with healthcare payer and/or healthcare management consulting experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare financial management, information management, statistics, or related field (an advanced degree is highly preferred).
- 7+ years experience as a data analyst in the healthcare industry.
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement models, alternative payment models (APMs), and medical economics.
- Ability to effectively diagnose potential barriers and propose resolutions that have measurable and positive business impact.
- Highly skilled at queries and report design and creation.
- Experience in presenting complex information in a clear, understandable and visual manner.
- Knowledge of SQL, SAS, and advanced Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable participating on multiple client-serving teams in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and desire to take on more than assigned in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Skilled at using data to “tell a story” and provide actionable business insights.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to patient information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Aver. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Executing particular security processes or activities
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, or marital status.