Senior Software Engineer
Aver is on a mission to transform healthcare so it works better for patients and costs less for everyone. Aver’s products enable sophisticated analytics over large patient populations, and our customers use them to improve care for millions of people and design healthcare payment models that are simpler, more transparent, and more fair.
We’re looking for a stellar full-stack software engineer to help us build products that make a difference. At Aver, we believe deeply in:
- Agile, test-driven development
- Constant collaboration
- Automated testing and continuous integration
- Using the best open-source tools and technologies
- Blowing away our users’ expectations
The core of our stack is Python with integration with Big Data technologies (primarily Apache Spark) on the backend and AngularJS on the frontend; experience with these is a plus, but we also hire polyglots that love to learn.
This is a high-impact role on a small team at a growth-stage software company. Candidates should enjoy tough technical challenges, high responsibility, and building new things.
Essential duties include:
- Designing, building and owning features and APIs across our entire product suite
- Contributing to all parts of the development process including defining requirements, planning, prototyping, design, development, and testing
- Using your skills and experience to help make critical technical decisions and guide the evolution of our tech stack
Skills and qualifications:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or other technical field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience working within the healthcare technology industry is required; candidates without this experience will not be considered
- 7-10+ years experience in software development
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop Ecosystem) is a plus
- Experience working within a microservices architecture is a plus
- Test-driven development
- Software design and architecture
- Ability to work with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy
- Pride in the quality of your code
- Ability to master new technologies quickly
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to patient information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Aver. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Executing particular security processes or activities
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job according to specific company requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, or marital status.