You want to be part of a growing organization, and see your work make an impact. We want to work with someone excited to take on a unique blend of product design and design mentorship. As a Senior Product Designer at Avenue, you’ll design tools and resources that will support the client design team as they craft brands and websites for hundreds and eventually thousands of clients across North America. You’ll work on building out our capabilities to continually improve the standards of our client websites and discover new ways to improve the effectiveness of the team.
With your mix of responsibilities, you’ll play a role in mentoring junior client designers. You’ll support their growth, understand their challenges, all the while using that information to better understand how to continually push the quality of their tools, resources, and the design work they produce.
You are someone who truly owns the success of your work. You’re a leader, with a strong desire to help nurture and grow design talent. You are proactive with the drive and patience to build amazing products. You can manage multiple priorities while focusing on delivery.
Your typical week might include:
Supporting team growth (25%)
- Facilitate weekly critique sessions, providing feedback and promoting a culture that supports giving and receiving of feedback.
- Coaching and mentoring designers.
- Help push the standard of quality across all junior designer work.
- Explore new growth opportunities while facilitating learning sessions.
Innovating web product (75%)
- Learn from designers and search for ways to improve the design process.
- Refine and design impactful internal design tools.
- Build out and improve design components for our websites, including property search and listing details.
- Scaffold and work to develop improvements and new features alongside engineering.
- Explore new ways of building websites.
- A passion to help redefine the quality of the real estate industry.
- A desire to foster a strong platform for junior designers to grow and establish their careers.
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Designer.
- Front-end experience implementing designs.
- Experience with React and component-based design libraries.
- Experience working directly in a mentorship capacity with junior designers.
- A desire to own a problem and implement a streamlined product development process.
- Excellent ability to communicate design work and decisions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Awesome benefits delivered through League.com’s digital platform, giving you flexibility, choice and control. Extended coverage for both medical and dental, plus your own lifestyle (think gym, workout gear, ski pass) and health spending accounts (think massage, chiropractor, glasses etc...)
- The right tools for the job (Macbooks, sit/stand desks, 34” monitors etc)
- Downtown location - surrounded by great restaurants and easily accessible transit.
- Collaborative office environment and the best team. Lunch and learns, regular team outings, office snacks and bottomless (great) coffee.
- Excellent employee stock option plan - own your work, literally!