Who we are
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for
Avantstay is seeking an experienced individual to serve as a 1099 independent contractor Maintenance Technician (MT) to help maintain our properties. This role will assess and remedy routine and emergency maintenance requests both during and after normal business hours. This position will perform maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of the property and its grounds.
What you’ll do
- Perform maintenance to our properties such as repairing furniture, unclogging drains, painting, and replacing broken items.
- Troubleshoot and repair GFCI's, garbage disposals, electrical panels, fuses, plumbing basics, shower heads, sink hoses, changing gaskets, toilet seat lids, wax rings, levers, flaps, drywall, paint, caulking, appliance work, power tools, tile and flooring experience, cement, etc.
- Maintain organization and upkeep of supplies in storage such as tools, extra furniture and lamps, space heaters, and fans.
- Assist with furniture installation, constructing furniture, installation of cabinetry and mounting TVs.
- Move heavy objects and be on your feet for prolonged periods of time.
What you’ll bring
- Prior experience conducting home maintenance
- Fantastic troubleshooter and problem solver
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Loves handy work and owns their own tools already
- Great communication skills and ability to think on your feet
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Has a smartphone
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to be self-sufficient and independently complete jobs
- Access to a reliable vehicle to travel between locations, preferably an SUV or truck
When you join AvantStay
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Diversity is at the heart of everything we do - that is why we are committed to making AvantStay one of the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces on the planet. We're a proud participant of Pledge LA, an organization that believes that Los Angeles will become the most diverse and civically-engaged tech hub in the nation. Our members, tech companies, and VC firms or accelerators based in Los Angeles are committed to increasing their level of community engagement and improving diversity, equity, and inclusion within their organization and investments.
We hold ourselves accountable daily to have our company reflect our surrounding community, which celebrates diversity. We intend to foster an environment where our team is comfortable to be who they are and stand for what they believe in.