Avalon is a fully remote, global team, connected by our passion for revolutionizing the gaming industry. We're looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals like you to join us on our mission to change the world of gaming for the better.
Our team consists of a diverse group of individuals (some happen to be titans in the industry) who have founded and shipped some of the most successful franchises in gaming to date.
At Avalon, we are proud of our positive and supportive company culture, which is based on a human-first approach that extends beyond the workplace. We believe that a healthy and thriving working culture depends on team members who feel valued, respected, and empowered not only in their roles but also in their personal lives. We encourage everyone to actively participate in problem-solving, creating an environment where every voice is heard and appreciated, and where personal growth and development are prioritized.
We believe that what we're building has the potential to change the world of gaming – together, let's change it for the better.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MONTH-TO-MONTH TEMPORARY CONTRACT POSITION
As the Administrative Assistant, you will be working in sync with the other members of the Operations team to conduct the day to day activities of running a global, remote-first company. This role will require exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to “think on your feet” to problem-solve any issues that arise. The Operations team is the eyes, ears, and heart of the company. As a part of the team, you will play a vital role in shaping the needs of the overall team, while working alongside invaluable contributors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Communicating with vendors, partners, and company contacts
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Operate office and operations software to input and retrieve information
- Write, distribute and correspond to emails, letters, faxes, and forms
- Maintain, organize and keep various employee and company documentation up to date
- Assist in the preparation and creation of reports, proposals, and contracts
- Work with the Operations staff to maintain and support company policies and standards
- Contribute to ongoing initiatives to uplift the team through social engagement and wellness programs
- Maintain contact lists and keep back-end information organized and current
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for non-executive team members
- Act as a point of contact for team members, contractors, and external partners
- Liaise with team members from all parts of the company to handle requests and queries for Operations
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant, or Office Admin Assistant
- Familiarity with office management systems (payroll, HRIS, DocuSign, etc.)
- Proficiency in office software (MS Office, Google Workspace, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle calendars
- Ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, with a willingness to ask for help when needed
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proofread
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative
- Open to feedback
- Enthusiastic about new challenges
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information and always acts with discretion
- History of success in office administration and/or office management
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and creating new workflows
- Shares an interest in games, particularly MMOs
Not all of us have had the same opportunities. If you think you are a good fit for this position, but do not meet the exact qualifications for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this position.
Avalon Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a diverse workplace that recognizes, appreciates, respects, and values our individual differences. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for a position with us, regardless of their background.
While our team is spread out across different locations around the world, we're currently only accepting applications from candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada or the United States.
Avalon Corp is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Avalon will take the steps to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ATTN: HR.