Avalere Health is seeking a Consultant to join its Vaccines Team. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how the changing policy and market access landscape impacts the pharmaceutical industry, managed care plans, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
Among Avalere’s many capabilities, its dedicated team of vaccine subject matter experts serves as trusted advisors on strategy development and implementation to leading vaccine manufacturers and other clients and has deep relationships and experience in the larger policy and advocacy community. Additionally, it tracks vaccine global, federal, and state policy developments, generates evidence and quality strategies, supports new product commercialization strategy, and deciphers market access and reimbursement trends and challenges. This position would focus primarily on vaccine business insights and strategy.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on vaccine-related policy and market access issues
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to solve complex client problems, and engage clients with novel solutions and ideas related to vaccine commercialization strategy
- Create both strategic and tactical recommendations for biopharmaceutical clients for both brand-level and above-brand priorities
- Manage multiple clients, as well as short- and long-term deliverables, to ensure that all Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources
- Conceptualize, design, and execute—from start to finish—a broad range of client projects involving diverse cross-functional (e.g., relating to analytics) and cross-practice (e.g., relating to policy, coverage and reimbursement) teams
- Co-lead business development efforts with other Avalere subject-matter experts and account managers
- Assist in the development and review of scopes of work, budgets, timelines, and other business documents
- Develop and maintain a professional level of knowledge regarding Avalere’s and Inovalon’s services and products
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
- A graduate degree in law, public policy, public health, business, operations management, health sciences, finance, or economics. A combination of bachelor’s degree and in-depth relevant work experience is also acceptable
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience, which could include employment at a leading vaccine manufacturer or in a leading market research, management consulting or investment firm.
- Subject matter expertise should reflect an understanding of:
- US vaccine policy & government affairs
- Other functional aspects of vaccine manufacturer operations such as market access, business units, brand teams, customer account teams (e.g. payers, providers or public sector), trade and distribution, and other commercial functions
- Functional expertise should reflect:
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Prior project management experience
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge and understanding of public health law
- Experience overseeing and supervising work of staff members
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a highly matrixed team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
- Track record of industry thought leadership, either internally or externally
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.