Avalere is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span approximately 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere is seeking a Practice Director to lead its Center for Healthcare Transformation practice one of Avalere’s 5 core consulting practices. This team of experts works to enable next-generation healthcare delivery through quality improvement, care delivery innovation and implementation science methods. We work with virtually every sector of the healthcare industry (life sciences, professional societies, patient advocacy organizations, health plans, providers, digital health companies) to help them prepare for – and succeed in – the evolving healthcare marketplace.
This position represents an exciting opportunity to lead a defined line of business, deploy in-depth subject matter expertise, manage 20+ staff, and serve as a member of Avalere’s Senior Leadership Team to define the direction of the company. This position reports to the Head of Advisory Services for Avalere.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader responsible for maintaining and growing Avalere’s public reputation and business in areas such as: quality measurement development, real world evidence generation/analysis, guideline evaluation, clinical pathway implementation, performance improvement, and registry strategy/implementation; healthcare value, quality and payment reform policy including shared decision making; and care delivery innovation centered around digital health, patient engagement, and care coordination.
- Responsible for managing Practice P&L in addition to driving Practice goal achievement around sales, revenue, profit, and project management
- Develops and leads key client relationships at the VP/C-suite level across a broad set of stakeholders, including life sciences, professional societies, patient advocacy, health plans, providers, digital health companies
- Directs future focus of the practice based on expertise and market demand, including areas for growth and investment
- Manages 20+ staff. Attracts and retains talent through mentorship, professional development, and recruiting strategies
- Manages a portfolio of clients to ensure that the breadth of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs
- Delivers public presentations/participates in public forums to grow company reputation
- Creates and executes on business development plans in partnership with Avalere sales and marketing organizations
- Contributes high-level SME to select engagements
- Collaborates with clients to conceptualize, develop, and implement tactical plans
- Leads Avalere as member of Senior Leadership Team
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- 15-20+ years of experience at relevant organizations, including advisory services firms, biopharmaceutical companies, health plans, providers, patient groups, professional societies, membership organization, and academia
- 5-10+ years consulting or other professional services experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading large teams and holding responsibility for performance and budget; experience managing a P&L a definite plus
- Extensive professional network and ability to engage with contacts to drive business growth
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally internally and with customers
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MPH) in relevant discipline
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.