Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span approximately 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Consultant II to join our Policy practice. The practice focuses on a range of issues including: federal and state implementation of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance exchanges, benefit designs in public and private payers, Medicare Advantage and Part D policy and payment, Medicare reform issues, Medicaid and other state health policies, and federal budget and deficit reduction issues. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our customers to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts the pharmaceutical industry, managed care plans, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry. This position would leverage subject matter expertise across the range of health policy issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on policy-related issues impacting the pharmaceutical/biotech and health insurance industries, with both a state and federal policy/regulatory focus.
- Support and assist in managing project teams to help solve complex client problems and engage clients with novel solutions and ideas.
- Work with a portfolio of clients to identify and deliver on business opportunities and projects that dovetail with Avalere’s expertise and offerings.
- Generate business with new clients and grow business with existing clients; create both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients depending on their policy and business needs.
- Manage short- and long-term deliverables, to ensure that all of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are leveraged to meet client needs.
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with attention to resources and minimal management oversight.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute—from start to finish—a broad range of client projects involving diverse, cross-functional, cross-practice teams.
- Advanced communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong understanding of government payers including Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid.
- Prior project management experience.
- A degree in health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, economics, business administration, law, or a relevant discipline, with 3+ years of relevant experience.
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, and/or regulation and conveying findings to clients and the public.
- Sophisticated understanding of the policy issues impacting the healthcare sector, as well as how federal and state policy affects the industry.
- Demonstrated capability to oversee and supervise work of staff members.
- Ability to understand and easily convey data results, including synthezing analytical results for a non-analytics focused audience.
- Experience rapidly and effectively digesting new regulations and legislative developments while educating others.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.