Avalere Health is a leading strategic advisory firm focused on the intersection of business strategy, research, and public policy. Located in Washington, DC, Avalere works with a diverse range of clients spanning Fortune 500 pharmaceutical, device, health plans, providers, government agencies, advocacy and patient groups, and other organizations who seek to improve the healthcare system.
Avalere Health is seeking an Associate Principal to join the New Business Development function within our Health Plans & Providers Sector of our Client Solutions practice. The team helps our prospects and clients create and use evidence to drive business, clinical, regulatory, and reimbursement decisions. This position will be responsible to ID leads, prospect, research, discover and lead full sales cycles as well as other management, business development, and administrative tasks related to the ongoing generation of new business such as maintaining accurate sales data in our CRM tool, Salesforce.com. He or she must be highly successful at uncovering leads, navigating multiple internal and external stakeholders and steps within a sales campaign and in addition, building and maintaining high-level relationships with key accounts and leveraging the capabilities of staff across the firm. The ideal team member will have superior organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, strong hunting skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability work effectively across multiple initiatives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting. It is preferred that this person be fluent in general healthcare policy and business strategy and comfortable working across many healthcare subject matter areas.
- Maintain account and contact updates, track activities, campaigns, and move opportunities through the pipeline; identify actions needed to close sales opportunities on time using salesforce.com;
- Research accounts, identify key contacts, connect with prospects, and generate interest through timely, regular outreach to develop long-term relationships;
- Work with Senior Associates, the Advisory Services Team and sales to design and implement a sales strategy with appropriate services to up-sell or cross-sell based on purchase behavior patterns;
- Use proactive industry outreach to identify emerging high-interest projects and create materials to deepen engagement and drive purchases;
- Differentiate Avalere’s services from our competitors;
- Source opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails;
- Field inbound requests for information; qualify leads;
- Use data analytics and content marketing strategies to keep leads warm and educate throughout the sales cycle;
- Participate in account planning meetings;
- Schedule prospect and client meetings with sales and subject-matter experts at professional conferences.
- Other duties as assigned; and
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company;
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
- We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
- High level of independence and sound judgment to identify prospect and client needs, determine appropriate follow-up, and deploy the appropriate resources
- Ability to use sales analytics and marketing data to identify patterns and contribute to account planning and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Action-oriented, forward-looking, and strategic with strong sense of urgency and initiative to get things done by influencing others and building relationships in a team-oriented, collaborative atmosphere
- Knowledge of healthcare issues, healthcare providers & plans and the digital health and/or health IT market
- Bringing an existing book of account relationships is a big plus
- 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience supporting sales, marketing, and business development functions
- Experience supporting accounts and internal stakeholders in a hands-on, high-touch environment
- Experience conducting outbound sales calls
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using Salesforce.com
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.