Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking an Consultant I to join the growing Client Solutions practice. This role will focus specifically on growing our analytics advisory services work, leveraging Avalere’s data assets in the application of the strategic advisory work that Avalere delivers. This includes the responsibility to conceptualize and guide client work, identify and build enduring relationships with customers, lead Avalere account/project teams, and play a significant role in contributing to the firms business in this specific growth area. The role requires applying domain expertise, surfacing and exploring key issues of relevance to Life Sciences companies, planning and executing in-depth projects with clients, and leading internal initiatives to contribute significantly to the firm's strategic goals. This role will have three primary job responsibilities, including business development, support of analytics engagements within existing relationships, and raising the bar on our internal coordination and acumen to better position us for growth in our analytics sales efforts. The position will lead high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues to explore and uncover business needs to deliver and grow new business.
This client-facing role will:
- Optimize our analytics focused business development and account growth opportunities
- Make substantive contributions to client relationships and project deliverables by offering executive level insight and subject matter expertise to enhance the quality and insight of the customer’s Avalere interactions.
- Deploy deep technical experience in their area of focus and be committed to delivering cutting edge solutions to our clients. By combining technical capabilities with Life Sciences industry experience, we want senior leaders to create and execute unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. We have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading Life Sciences companies; we seek senior leaders to help our clients convert cutting edge ideas and insights into tangible results.
The Consultant I will play a role in supporting the analytics business development strategy for the firm, hunt for new client acquisition targets, have regular contact with the client team within targets and existing accounts and corresponding Avalere staff. They must be highly successful at cultivating and maintaining relationships and serve as a trusted consultant. The ideal team member will have superior organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively across multiple projects/people in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting. A deep understanding of healthcare market issues, a focus on data acquisition, data application, data partnerships, advisory services analytics and a commitment to advancing the Avalere vision and voice in this marketplace is critical. Additionally, the ability to translate the complex and often detailed concepts into understandable and commercially relevant points for clients is essential.
- Supports the creation of a target business plan that includes focus on the strategy for pursuing and supporting advisory services engagements utilizing Avalere’s data assets and analytics capabilities
- Serves as a relationship/business development liaison on analytics pursuits
- Organizes pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of analytics proposals and service offerings
- Identifies new targets for client acquisition to sell analytics advisory services offerings
- Supports account teams to identify and execute on analytics BD opportunities
- Presents demonstrations of Avalere products and services that are tailored to accounts and Avalere relationships and are in context of past/existing work streams
- Serves as technical business development resource to best represent Avalere’s data assets and the ways in which they can be applied for our clients and targets
- Represents Avalere and builds relationships with clients/prospective clients at venues selected to increase Avalere market visibility (i.e. professional conferences)
- Establishes and maintains contact with decision makers at key clients that facilitates buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client
- Synthesizes subject matter expertise from across the firm to deliver clients unique and targeted insight that compel the client to change perspective or manage business in a new way
- Contributes to firm visibility and marketing campaigns to support buying center goals
- Supports on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
Internal Support to Advance Analytics Business Development
- Works internally across Avalere’s practice areas to understand, curate and advance service offerings where the data and analytics capabilities are being deployed and how they can best be applied to drive sales
- Leads the development of analytics collateral (pitch decks, proposals, scopes, training decks, etc.)
- Collaborates with Avalere’s subject matter experts to identify and understand new opportunities
- Proactively anticipates customer needs based on market activity and guiding firm investment in new areas
- Conducts market intelligence to understand key competitors in the healthcare data and analytics market
- Coordinates the generation of new leads and supports execution of business development goals
- Participates in the development of quarterly and annual goals/metrics to assess progress
- Ensures the update and use of systems like Salesforce.com /LinkedIn accounts and coordinates for BD efforts and practice teams
- Leads internal training efforts to drive awareness on Avalere’s ever-growing data assets and partnerships, arming our internal teams with the knowledge and value proposition to grow the analytics business
- Participate in the evaluation of gaps in Avalere’s data assets, refining our value proposition and how we’re differentiated, identifying opportunities for data partnerships and advancing the internal acumen on how we communicate ways to win in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree (and/or equivalent years of experience) and a minimum of three to five years of professional experience working with data and analytics in the healthcare marketplace
- Working knowledge of healthcare issues and the life sciences industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly professional presence; able to interact with clients at equivalent and more senior level (Senior Manager-Senior Director)
- Advanced knowledge of the data and analytics advisory services market place, from an operational and competitive perspective
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in preparing and proofing documents for executive-level audience
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to multi-task and can prioritize work streams effectively under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items
- Ethical, confident, and creative, with a persistent “can do” attitude
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationship with colleagues and clients to achieve solutions-oriented goals
- Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead to client conversions, anticipate teammates’ needs, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Open to feedback and learning; willing to coach and teach others
- Familiar with developing and maintaining sales plans, managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Willingness to travel
Avalere is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Avalere strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.