Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead engineering teams responsible for simplifying infrastructure management for internal teams and partners
- Guide the future of Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code at Ava Labs
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Ava Labs recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your engineers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our partners
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager and/or Senior Engineering Manager
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are internal or external
- You have experience leading a team of engineers, technical leads and managers and guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your teams
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- You think ahead and build for the future
- Specific Experience in following technologies are a plus.
- Cloud networking and orchestration with AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, S3, ELB) and/or GCP/Oracle
- Significant experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Terragrunt, and/or Ansible
- Strong Kubernetes experience with Docker or RKT containerization
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures (Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience with scripting languages and the creation of scripts (Python and GoLang preferred)
- Working knowledge of decentralized architecture design patterns and distributed systems
Salary Range: $203,600.00 - $241,850.00 (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.