Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and own the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the amount of data sources we warehouse for various data needs.
- Design robust, scalable & reliable real-time pipelines to ingest various types of blockchain data into cloud-native databases.
- Make ingested blockchain data queryable for various data needs for internal and external stake holders.
- Create systems to make data accessible via API for the Avalanche Explorer (like Subnet Explorer), Wallets (like Core Ext, Web Wallet) and other data intensive applications.
- Mentor fellow peers and assist with code reviews
- Partner with Product teams to identify new data constructs to explore and consume from Avalanche network & other blockchains.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline
- 6+ years of hands on data engineering experience
- 5+ years of designing & building cloud-native, high-throughput data processing systems
- Expert in distributed computing
- Proficient with Golang & its native features
- Experience with Data streaming (Kafka or AWS SQS preferred)
- Experience with SQL database (Aurora or PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with NoSQL (DynamoDB or MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with Cloud based Data Warehouses (Snowflake or Redshift preferred)
WHY AVA LABS?
We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.