Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, the fastest and most scalable smart contract platform.Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Research accounting treatment for digital asset transactions
- Analyze and document accounting treatment for business activity and ad hoc transactions
- Provide insights on proposed, existing, and new rules
- Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions
- Discuss complex accounting matters with the company's auditors
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, resolved, and documented in high quality technical accounting memos
- Review contracts, evaluate and communicate accounting consequences of potential transactions
- Keep current on proposed accounting reporting matters to proactively update management and finance teams
- Understand and execute to meet external reporting requirements adhering to regulatory and statutory rules
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 10+ years of experience
- CPA or equivalent is a must
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts
- Ability to build relationships with other departments, so that people are looking for input from accounting policy upfront
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements.
Salary Range: $158,600 to $198,400 (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.