Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build distributed, scalable and highly performant APIs to support internal Ava Labs projects and the external Avalanche community
- Partner with product teams for new feature development for the Avalanche Explorer, Core Wallets (Core Ext, Web Wallet) and other blockchain applications
- Closely collaborate with the data engineering team to build and integrate blockchain specific data pipelines
- Design and build new services centered around NFTs, DeFi and other blockchain concepts.
- Lead the team and set best practices for building and maintaining large scale distributed systems
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of general backend development experience
- 3+ years of experience building large scale enterprise APIs
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloudflare preferred
- Familiarity with data pipelines preferred
- Experience with Golang a plus
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.