Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
We are looking for a Director of Product Engineering to drive the vision, planning and management of deep tech projects for various POC/R&D products. This role will be an integral part of the Ava Labs product team & work cross functionally with technical executive stakeholders across the organization. This is an ideal role for professionals who were engineers in a past life and want to transition into a developer product strategy and architecture centric role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead Product/Platform Engineering Teams and some of the brightest minds at Ava Labs to design/deliver new features, products and services
- Drive technical product strategy and roadmap for AvalancheGO while representing the voice of developers/builders
- Own and manage end to end engineering project workflows in collaboration and ensure alignment across other Product teams. Including 1on1s, quarterly reviews and establishing OKRs.
- Assess project/feature development pipelines and establish priorities for future development
- Support execution and delivery of technical architecture implementations in collaboration with product/engineering teams
- Guide business partnership teams on web3 technical architecture solutions and specifications for ecosystem support/partnerships; including node infrastructure, security, and/or full stack web development
- Provide input/guidance to executive stakeholders while representing product team when pitching new product strategies (voice of developer/customer)
- Conduct competitive analysis on other layer 1 and layer 2 blockchain technologies
- Come up to speed and stay up to date with new technologies/trends for decentralized node operations. Including a deep understanding of Avalanches’ X/P/C chains and subnets.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years hands-on coding of backend systems
- 3+ year of team leadership experience (agile/scrum)
- Ability to lead 2-3 simultaneous technical projects through the full SDLC while collaborating with cross functional teams; product, engineering, finance, compliance, and support
- Experience with internal and external customer/user feedback, support and requests
- Ability to empathize with customer/user challenges and prioritize roadmaps to optimize delivery of top priority features/products
- Golang, C++, C and/or similar backend programming language
- Strong understanding of Layer 1 networks (i.e. state management, consensus mechanisms, cyber security, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of web3 applications architectures; including smart contracts
NICE TO HAVES
- 2+ years of solutions architecture experience
- Prior open source code contributions to AvlancheGo, GETH or similar open source projects
- Virtual Machine experience (EVM)
- Smart Contract development (Solidity, Manticore, Slither, etc.)
- Infrastructure Engineering knowledge (Kubernetes, CICD, etc.)
- Cloud Based Architectures (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.