Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing world-class Data Science team and design/deliver/transform product and operational analytics, data visualization, enhanced data analysis and scientific modeling that will enhance our organizational decision making and business processes. The ideal Data Scientist will be an integral part of our growing organization and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with Product, Marketing, Finance and Engineering teams to identify, define and launch strategic and operational data science initiatives while executing on our vision to improve our core user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Finance and Engineering teams to identify, define and launch strategic and operational data science initiatives to improve core user experience
- Help design and analyze experiments to understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Advocate for standard methodologies across the organization
- Own the definition, evaluation and reporting of key product metrics
- Communicate narratives with data to multiple audiences, ranging from product managers to technical leads
- Sit at the intersection between Product, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, and leadership to inform, influence, and help execute our product strategy
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research or Engineering (advanced degrees preferred)
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or product analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python
- Experience in causal inference and advanced experimentation methods
- Practical experience in applied statistics and data science methodologies (e.g. data modeling and predictive analytics, multivariate regression analysis, machine learning)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners
- Demonstrable depth of knowledge in blockchain, crypto and DeFi (independent learning or professional)
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.