Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
Global regulatory frameworks are in constant flux, so there is a challenge here for the right candidate to implement security compliance solutions and to be at the forefront of their field and within crypto.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Become fully conversant in our current security posture and existing security controls
- Analyze and identify key priority tasks to ensure we meet our strategic security compliance obligations
- Sketch out the framework of documentation requirements and define a strategic plan to address the priorities identified
- Evaluate, document, and communicate business risk in the context of control designs and gaps
- Maintains and enhances documents, procedures, processes to support an efficient compliance program
- Promote, drive & track adoption of centralized security and compliance services across the company
- Lead internal and 3rd party audits to ensure successful, high-quality, on-time audits
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 5-10 years of experience within financial sector security governance, risk and compliance in a cloud based, agile environment (blockchain a plus)
- Strong familiarity with risk management methodologies and common security control frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53, etc
- Ability to select, manage and operate the appropriate tooling in support of the security compliance program
- Security documentation and compliance review of policies, procedures, and standards
- Experience building/maintaining Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans
- Awareness of the evolving regulatory landscape within the blockchain industry
- Ability to communicate effectively information security and risk topics to non-technical audiences
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- CISSP, CISA, or CISM certified desirable
WHY AVA LABS?
We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.