Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
The Avalanche Bridge is a new cross-chain transfer solution developed by Ava Labs using Intel SGX technology. The bridge currently allows Ethereum users to seamlessly move their ERC20s over to the Avalanche ecosystem to leverage the DApps and platforms available on Avalanche. Since launching at the end of July 2021, the Avalanche Bridge has secured more than $700M in transfer from Ethereum to Avalanche. Moving forward, the bridge plans to add support for additional networks and asset types.
- Design, optimize, and implement novel cross-chain transfer and interoperability protocols
- Contribute to core technical projects of the Avalanche Bridge, from planning through release
- Work with our talented product, business, and engineering teams to communicate and align on upcoming features and releases
- Develop automated testing suites and tools
- Support our DevOps team with new releases and production monitoring (on-call rotation)
- Engage with our open source community
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1+ years of hands on blockchain, consesus protocols, distributed systems, applied cryptography, or similar systems
- C++, Golang and/or Solidity
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems (fee structures, transaction formats & consensus mechanisms)
- Hands on experience with Cloud Deployments (Native Cloud AWS and/or Azure)
- Ansible is a plus
- FLCD Smart Contract experience is a plus
- Experience with HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) Wallets is a plus
- Cryptography is a plus
- Experience leading teams is a plus