Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create powerful, reliable, and secure applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets.
ABOUT AVA LABS
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance that enables the world to have a more prosperous future.
Ava Labs was founded by Cornell computer scientists who brought on talent from Wall Street to execute their vision. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As the first White Hat Hacking Engineer at Ava Labs, you will partner with our VP of Engineering to drive initial projects and begin to shape the longer development of our CHAOS team.
- Own testing design and plans of major ecosystem features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch (Full Life Cycle Testing)
- Part Researcher. Part Developer. Design and run correctness tests for sophisticated protocol simulations.
- Composing tests for new release versions of AvalancheGo client and broader platform
- Maintain high code quality for AvalancheGo client and similar pieces of key infrastructure
- Automate testing for weekly beta releases
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Customer Support teams
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience performing sophisticated distributed systems testing
- Jepsen, Kurtosis and/or Testground
- Fuzzing and/or mutation testing
- Deep familiarity with distributed systems (Golang and AWS preferred)