AutoX is a self-driving car tech company building an autonomous AI driver. Led by world renowned scientist, Professor X, the company is known in the industry to pioneer state-of-the-art AI, which is capable of handling the most dense and dynamic traffic in many downtown cities around the world. AutoX has launched the first RoboTaxi pilot in California after successfully obtaining the second RoboTaxi pilot permit. AutoX has also launched the world's first RoboTaxi pilot in the densest areas of downtown Shenzhen, China. Join us to become X-men and X-women to make the world safer together with self-driving cars!
- Work in an engineering environment to quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve Ubuntu desktops car’s machines with technical assistance to resolve technical faults as far as possible, as the first point of contact.
- Diagnose hardware, software and network related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions where necessary. Where a solution cannot be identified, the candidate will work closely with our engineering teams, to escalate as appropriate.
- Provide user support related admin tasks, when required.
- Provide advice on configuring and optimizing AutoX engineering environment, to ensure that services are running effectively.
- Support and safeguard company resources proprietary and confidential information that belongs to AutoX, including but not limited to network security, source codes and users identity.
- Given the critical nature of the production issues supported, some after-hours/weekend work may be required. Participation in the 24x7 on-site support is required when able to do so.
- Serve as a Ubuntu desktop expert including its underlying architecture and best practices. Ensure that workstations are deployed to meet engineering requirements.
- Create knowledge and support articles that help users resolve desktop related issues.
- Linux systems administration skills
- Strong skill on scripting such as shell/Bash, Python or Perl
- Experience supporting Ubuntu desktop
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, VLAN, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications (good to know Meraki systems)
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Have a proven aptitude to successfully work as part of a team.
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Have experience of git and build and CI/CD release engineering
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player with positive attitude
What We Offer
- Working at one of the fastest growing and most promising self-driving car startups
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package with 401k match
- Lunch, dinner, and fully stocked kitchen