AutoX is the front runner of Level 4 driverless RoboTaxis. Our mission is to democratize autonomy and empower the world with AI drivers to accelerate the advent of fully driverless cars.. AutoX was founded in 2016 by Dr. Jianxiong Xiao (a.k.a. Professor X), a world class self-driving technologist from MIT and Princeton University. Our self-driving platform is known to be capable of handling the most challenging and dynamic traffic scenarios in urban cities around the world. AutoX is the first and only company in China - second in the world - operating a fully driverless RoboTaxi service on public roads without safety drivers. AutoX is also the second company to obtain California DMV’s completely driverless RoboTaxi permit. We have deployed hundreds of RoboTaxis in the Bay Area in California, the city of Shenzhen, Shanghai, and other metropolitan cities. In January 2021, AutoX launched the world’s second and China’s first fully driverless RoboTaxi service that is open to the public. Global strategic partners include FCA, Honda China, and more. If you love solving the most rewarding engineering challenge, and exploring the most complex self-driving data, join us! We are building a team of 1000 engineers worldwide.
- Design and implement motion planning algorithms for self-driving vehicles to maintain safe, intelligent, and comfortable maneuvers.
- Develop cross-functional solutions between perception, prediction, planning, and control.
- Build robust solutions for highly interactive scenarios for the most challenging urban driving conditions.
- 2+ years of industry experience within motion planning
- MS/PHD in Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and fielding robotic systems.
- Solid coding proficiency in C++.
- Familiarity with automated testing practices.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Passion for self-driving technologies and solving challenging problems.
- Experience with optimization problems.
- Experience with decision making under uncertainty.
- Machine learning experience.
- Programming contest experience National Olympiad in Informatics (NOI), International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM-ICPC).
What We Offer:
- Working at one of the fastest-growing and most promising self-driving car startups
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package with 401k match
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your start date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required on your start date. AutoX will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.