Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Our Solutions Engineers
Are key contributors to customer success and the long term growth of the company. Working directly with customers, we are key technical advisors and Autonomic API advocates. We seek to understand the problem our customer’s need to solve and determine the best resolution among using existing products, new features, or engaging alongside the customer. We work to improve the developer experience, removing friction to enable our customers to bring their ideas to market quickly.
We are the first consumers of new TMC APIs and provide valuable feedback to Autonomic’s product teams around quality, ease of use, and documentation. We work with our Customer Success team and customers to understand requirements, develop proof of concepts and service/device integrations. This team develops and maintains client software examples, libraries, and proof of concepts that are leveraged by our customers.
- Partner with our Customer Success Managers and Product Managers to help customers to get a crisp definition of the technical problem.
- Understand how the problem and possible solutions would impact and improve a customer’s business
- Consult on how the TMC platform addresses elements of the problem, presenting in a variety of styles to both technical and business audiences.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on the best practices to use and build production software that uses TMC APIs.
- Analyze gaps between the TMC product offering and a viable solution. The resolution might be a mix of:
- Describing the necessary product improvement for TMC development teams
- Describe the necessary changes the customer should consider to better work with the TMC platform
- Provide technical leadership to professional service contractors/engineers engaged to build POCs/solutions for the use case
- Develop, deliver and maintain sample code and client libraries that will be leveraged by our customers & partners that illustrate “how to” use TMC APIs
- Gather developer feedback from across our customers and propose long term features that shape our product roadmap
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Sound understanding of software design and architectural principles
- Experience building software products in several programming languages
- Strong understanding and recent experience with modern developer methods (including CI and CD pipelines; monitoring; testing). You have created and maintained software that has had to be supported in the field. You understand how clients will integrate samples and libraries in their own development processes and can tailor yours to make their adoption friction-free
- Strong customer relationship and collaboration experience, capable of engaging at multiple layers within an organization
- Experience working with highly technical cloud software products.
- Highly dependable, self-starter, high energy, positive attitude with good organization and time management skills
- Team player who will innovate to continue improving the way Autonomic serves its customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with automotive platforms, Internet of Things and/or working with embedded software is a plus
- 7+ years of experience developing software, tools for use by end users
- 7+ years troubleshooting devices, software, and systems
- 7+ years proficiency in one or more programming languages
- 7+ years planning and executing tasks across multiple project timelines
- 7+ years gathering requirements from customers for software features
- 5+ years directly supporting customers using APIs and software
- 2+ years presenting product features and roadmaps in oral and written form
- 2+ years experience with automotive platforms, Internet of Things and/or working with embedded software is a plus
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable